News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP Joan Rivers

Started by Martinus, September 04, 2014, 03:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2014, 10:05:37 AM
Think about some of the attributes of Joan Rivers and think about why gay people might like that.

On top of that, the show where she & her daughter and others sat around and made fun of what celebrities were wearing must have given her some insane gay street cred.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2014, 10:12:06 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2014, 10:05:37 AM
Think about some of the attributes of Joan Rivers and think about why gay people might like that.

On top of that, the show where she & her daughter and others sat around and made fun of what celebrities were wearing must have given her some insane gay street cred.

Yeah - a gold standard for a bitchy queen. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

My wife constantly had that show on and Joan's one-liners made it fairly tolerable.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

I can't say I was a fan of Rivers, but you have to give her mad props for not just continuing to work, but continuing to work HARD right up into her 80s.  Heck, while I remember her as the perpetual guest host of the Tonight Show, she's probably at her most popular period now.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.