Arizona statutory rape victim forced to pay child support

Started by jimmy olsen, September 04, 2014, 08:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2014, 10:37:38 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 04, 2014, 09:00:24 PM
Edit: Although, with he at 14 and she at 20, I'm very comfortable with their relationship being illegal.

Some assholes have all the luck, rape-rape or not.

Largely concur.  Men can definitely be raped, even by women, and I think 16 should be the AoC for men and women, because the propensity for such liaisons to be traumatic is too great to legally sanction.  However, we shouldn't pretend that even most stat rapes of this nature are traumatic--even without recourse to any gender essentialist argument.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2014, 08:38:47 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 04, 2014, 08:15:45 PM
He kind of slept on his rights.  Dunno about the question raised generally.  It's a thinker.  My gut instinct is to say yes, since I'd like to see them punished out of envy.

Why is it a thinker?  Rape victims are responsible for their rapists actions?  You think that is a viable point to consider?

Question:  If an adult man rapes a woman, and that woman delivers a baby, does the woman have any right to custody?  After all the woman was a victim, she's not responsible for his actions.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 04, 2014, 09:48:53 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2014, 09:43:38 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 04, 2014, 09:00:24 PM
He kind of slept on his rights.  Dunno about the question raised generally.  It's a thinker.  My gut instinct is to say yes, since I'd like to see them punished out of envy.

Why is it a thinker?  Rape victims are responsible for their rapists actions?  You think that is a viable point to consider?

Well, stat rape isn't rape as is generally understood (or rape-rape, since we all know that's what I'm saying :P ), for one thing.  It's always been a problem to confuse the two.  Edit: Although, with he at 14 and she at 20, I'm very comfortable with their relationship being illegal.

I think you mean to say very uncomfortable, right? :unsure:

Otherwise your whole post doesn't make sense.

Sure it does. He's saying that it should be illegal, but is a less serious crime than forcing somebody to have sex with you.
Ah, ok.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on September 04, 2014, 10:43:23 PM

Question:  If an adult man rapes a woman, and that woman delivers a baby, does the woman have any right to custody?  After all the woman was a victim, she's not responsible for his actions.

Presumably given that she had to spend 9 months gestating the child.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.