Donald Tusk appointed President of the European Council

Started by Martinus, August 30, 2014, 12:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

This is the highest job a Pole has held since we got a Pope. That went well. :hmm:

Martinus

I just realised Poles are Europe's terriers - inbred and useless, except for one job - fucking up with foxes (Russia). :P

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on August 30, 2014, 12:49:07 PM
I just realised Poles are Europe's terriers - inbred and useless, except for one job - fucking up with foxes (Russia). :P

Bulldogs were typically used for bear baiting
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on August 30, 2014, 12:54:49 PM

It's not a perfect metaphor. :P

Liep

He and Mogherini certainly will be busy from the start as, according to the Lithunian president, Europe is now at war with Russia.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on August 30, 2014, 12:57:36 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 30, 2014, 12:54:49 PM

It's not a perfect metaphor. :P
glad to see some things never change :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on August 30, 2014, 02:08:31 PM
He and Mogherini certainly will be busy from the start as, according to the Lithunian president, Europe is now at war with Russia.

You are just being bitter because your PM did not get the job. :P

Incidentally, at least here, this thing was a big story. In the hierarchy of Polish media reporting about European affairs, I'd rank it just after the Eurovision song contest and the European football championship. :D