News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Has your neighborhood become "upscale"?

Started by Syt, August 20, 2014, 07:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Scored 105 points.

That being said we have a "designer" croissant/baguette bakery called "Petit Appetit" and a restaurant which doubles as a fish market selling fresh seafood flown in from Portugal twice a week.  :hmm:

garbon

Hard to say. My immediate block has become pretty low rent (store named $1 pizza, $2 beer / made closed store fronts for several months now) but on the flip side within a few block radius, we've most of those that are still relevant.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

But a lot of those stores are "normal" in Barcelona.

Duque de Bragança

Argentine "parmesan" ?  :lol: That's upscale for those who call any sparkling wine champagne I guess.

CountDeMoney

I judge how upscale my community is by how many Dazzling Urbanites can afford to drive entry-level luxury imports from CarMax with expired temp tags.  MOVIN ON UP

garbon

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 20, 2014, 08:43:57 AM
Argentine "parmesan" ?  :lol: That's upscale for those who call any sparkling wine champagne I guess.

Well one it was the 80s but secondly, I don't really get the issue here. I could see it as same indignation if it was labeled Argentine Parmigiano-Reggiano but...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Like most residential neighbourhoods mine doesn't have any shops.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

I'm in the deep suburbs.  My neighborhood has a gas station, and that's it. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Um no I live in the suburbs.  The only thing around me are chain stores.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Only thing around me are more houses/apartment buildings.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Gups

Over here a Delice de France means you're in a train station. It serevs crap bakery stuff that you eat on the way home when you're pissed and starving and there's no MaccieDs around.

Must be different over there

Josquius

Quote from: Gups on August 20, 2014, 09:54:36 AM
Over here a Delice de France means you're in a train station. It serevs crap bakery stuff that you eat on the way home when you're pissed and starving and there's no MaccieDs around.

You know...in Japan too there is a crappy train station bakery called something de France... Strange.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

In Europe there is a whole crappy country called something France.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Gups on August 20, 2014, 09:54:36 AM

Delice, Delices?