News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Monitors

Started by CountDeMoney, August 14, 2014, 12:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Thinking about springing for a better monitor. Anybody have opinions on those IPS monitors for gaming/blu-Ray?  I was thinking about something in the neighborhood of 27" to 30", and the idea of one of those 21:9 extra-wide monitors sounds cool.  LG makes one that's intriguing, and it's in the <$300 range.

Graphics cards are two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti AMPs running in SLI, and I have an internal LG Blu-Ray DVD R/RW drive.

Thoughts?

katmai

Just picked up Samsung 27" a few weeks back from Sams club for $250
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

I have an IPS monitor while it's not giant 27-30 inches IPS works has advertised bigger angle of viewing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I have a Samsung 27" and am pretty happy with it. It's ten months or so old, and it cost me 300 or so at the time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

So is IPS the route to go over LED when it comes to gaming an Blu-Ray?

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2014, 12:44:33 PM
So is IPS the route to go over LED when it comes to gaming an Blu-Ray?

Gaming - I don't think so, You are static at a right angle infront of the monitor.

Blu-Ray - what's your prefered sitting position then?

Buy an Asus Screen & rejoice.

Barrister

I also have a Sausung 27" from a few years ago (and thus paid more Than $250 for) and it's pretty awesome.

It did replace a Samsung 24" that died a premature death though shortly under one year after purchasing. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

Liep

So 27" is the new standard? I'm suddenly feeling that my 21" is very small and old. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Liep on August 16, 2014, 11:16:41 AM
So 27" is the new standard? I'm suddenly feeling that my 21" is very small and old. :(

:hug: I'm good with my 23" Acer LED.
Experience bij!

Iormlund

I've had a 27" IPS monitor for quite a while. It's a Dell u2711, which I love. Fantastic colors and 2560*1440 res.

It was A LOT more expensive than $300 though.

Norgy

I bought a new monitor now. A 28" Philips UHD. The resolution makes me think I need glasses and became really old overnight.  :cry:

But man, games that handle that high resolutions look good. So good I probably will get an epileptic seizure soon.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

What of these curved monitors I've seen about? That help with much?
██████
██████
██████