Year 1969 - or they say numerology is dumb

Started by Martinus, June 11, 2009, 05:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ok, so, perhaps it's not numerology, but just a cool realisation:

'69 is the number most often associated with sex, out of numbers 00-99, right?

1969 was the year three events happened:

- Woodstock / Summer of Love

- first Internet connection established

- Stonewall riots, which started gay rights movement.

:D

P.S. I'm not drunk. Just a homo version of Siegy. :P

DGuller

I'm not sure about numerology, but I'm pretty damn sure about Martinus.

saskganesh

I guess we can conclude then that Bryan Adams is an internet homosexual love child.

We can also conclude that the moon landing was not significant, no one was shot at Altamont, and nobody watched Sesame Street.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

... yes, count me as one of "them." as in "they say."

it's dumb.
humans were created in their own image

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Martinus on June 11, 2009, 05:28:24 AM
Ok, so, perhaps it's not numerology, but just a cool realisation:

'69 is the number most often associated with sex, out of numbers 00-99, right?

1969 was the year three events happened:

- Woodstock / Summer of Love

- first Internet connection established

- Stonewall riots, which started gay rights movement.

:D

P.S. I'm not drunk. Just a homo version of Siegy. :P

Summer Of Love was 67.

Interestingly actually 69 was more of the summer of Un-Love.
:p

Savonarola

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 11, 2009, 11:53:57 AM

Summer Of Love was 67.

Interestingly actually 69 was more of the summer of Un-Love.

In Chicago '68 was the Summer of Tough Love
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Martinus

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on June 11, 2009, 05:28:24 AM
Just a homo version of Siegy. :P

Hi, Marty. I'm calling from the redundancy department. We've noticed you have a problem.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

Damn, I thought this thread would be about Numer, the Babylonian god of useless made up coincidences...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

No, it's instead a thread by Marty, Polish God of useless, badly made up analogies.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2009, 03:46:04 PM
Hi, Marty. I'm calling from the redundancy department. We've noticed you have a problem.

Do we? It seems we've been lacking in the homophobic pedophile soldier department lately. Did the Chinese finally find out he's been holding out on them?
Experience bij!

Strix

Marty, do you even know why the number 69 is associated with sex? Or is this just another case of your inner Polack showing?

I am guessing that you haven't a clue because it would involve performing oral sex on another person.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher