The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 09, 2016, 04:41:37 PM
Yes, the burden of affecting change to ensure not being murdered by the police falls on them.  Of course.

How silly. They can be better organized and make a more effective fight to help the PD's that are trying to make changes.

Ironic, most I read about DPD was they were a very progressive department ahead of others in that area.  Yet they get shot down. To include two minority cops killed. Not sure if any Hispanic or black cops were wounded or if it was just "white boys". Not that DPD didn't still have a ways to go.

My dog in the fight is to ruthlessly crush any instances of racial profiling, civil rights violations, excessive use of force of any means in the 120 or so officers under my command.

So please give up the faux black militant act. Get better organized, bring pressure on the political establishment or STFU.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Yes, the burden of affecting change to ensure not being murdered by the police falls on them.  Of course.

Somebody has to do it, it's not like the police are stepping up to the plate.  The problem with BLM is the same problem with other contemporary movements (Occupy Wall Street, and to some extent the Tea Party), the refusal or inability to appoint leaders.  With out leaders, they lack direction, planning, and most importantly: discrete goals.  It's all very well to say cops need to stop killing black kids, but you meed some ideas to address the problem.  How do you get from A-B-C-D?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 09, 2016, 05:01:58 PM

Somebody has to do it, it's not like the police are stepping up to the plate.  The problem with BLM is the same problem with other contemporary movements (Occupy Wall Street, and to some extent the Tea Party), the refusal or inability to appoint leaders.  With out leaders, they lack direction, planning, and most importantly: discrete goals.  It's all very well to say cops need to stop killing black kids, but you meed some ideas to address the problem.  How do you get from A-B-C-D?

That is not entirely correct and DPD is an example of a department trying to move in the right direction. Their chief is know as a hard as s in the very area of BLM concerns.

There's movement on the cops side, just more pressure needs to be applied to speed it up.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

For BR and the Minnesota incidents;

The vic's had opportunity and capability. What I'm not seeing is that the vics  had intent.

You could have the most despicable murdering criminal at gun point. His hands sky high surrendering, a gun, but his finger through the trigger guard with the pistol just hanging there. I can not justify shooting him. You have to have all three to employ deadly force.

I can arrive on scene where "someone" reports a gun being brandished. I can see a gentleman that fits a suspect description, but no gun brandishing. That does not mean I can employ DF, based on those facts alone.

I can pull a car over because the driver fits the description of a BOLO armed robbery suspect. But why in the fuck would I not conduct a high risk traffic stop/felony stop, the safer option for all involved. Why would I (officer) walk up to the car all routine like if I'm so worried about "officer safety". That bothers me immensely about that one.

That one makes about as much sense as pulling a car over for a minor infraction, running the plate and the car comes back stolen. Then walk up all routine like and ask the the driver, "Sir did you know this car is stolen."  :lmfao:

garbon

True. I wonder why they have been unable to solve a social ill that has afflicted America since its beginnings.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on July 09, 2016, 04:34:37 PM
No doubt, but as raz pointed out it could be much more effective.

Well yeah I have already criticized their agenda of ending capitalism and other left wing nonsense. It would be nice if they were more narrowly focused on the police violence thing. But to the extent that they are focused on that position I certainly am not going to be too bothered by it. After all it is not just black people being killed. This is a major problem for this entire country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2016, 06:47:37 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 09, 2016, 04:34:37 PM
No doubt, but as raz pointed out it could be much more effective.

Well yeah I have already criticized their agenda of ending capitalism and other left wing nonsense. It would be nice if they were more narrowly focused on the police violence thing. But to the extent that they are focused on that position I certainly am not going to be too bothered by it. After all it is not just black people being killed. This is a major problem for this entire country.

Never knew they had the ending capitalism nonsense.

MadBurgerMaker

Apparently the asshole in Dallas used an SKS.  From what I saw though in that video with the columns, he had whored it all up.  Optics, banana mags, etc.

11B4V

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 09, 2016, 08:51:50 PM
Apparently the asshole in Dallas used an SKS.  From what I saw though in that video with the columns, he had whored it all up.  Optics, banana mags, etc.

Not an assault rifle. That should confuse the anti gun nutters.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2016, 06:35:25 PM

True. I wonder why they have been unable to solve a social ill that has afflicted America since its beginnings.

As far as I know police officers firing on black citizens was not a major problem in the 1790's.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: 11B4V on July 09, 2016, 09:13:47 PM
Not an assault rifle. That should confuse the anti gun nutters.

With the optics that it looked like he had on there, he probably had a stock with rails and shit.  Tapco makes some that have a pistol grip and are black and scary looking.  Might as well be a machine gun at that point.

11B4V

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:  That's a lot of shit hanging off of that thing, but I guess it matches the ridiculously geared up dudes.

Five round limit in Canada?

11B4V

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on July 09, 2016, 09:15:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2016, 06:35:25 PM

As far as I know police officers firing on black citizens was not a major problem in the 1790's.
you make a point to take everything literrally? :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.