The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2016, 11:21:02 AM
I don't think BLM is about winning friends, it is about making people deal with an issue they would rather ignore.

It's a disorganized wreck.  It lacks leadership and clear goals and therefore will never accomplish anything constructive.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 09, 2016, 01:16:40 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2016, 11:21:02 AM
I don't think BLM is about winning friends, it is about making people deal with an issue they would rather ignore.

It's a disorganized wreck.  It lacks leadership and clear goals and therefore will never accomplish anything constructive.

This be true. It would be much more effective otherwise.

Organize more effectively on national level. Put pressure on the democratic party where you  have an ear. Don't let them just give lip service. Constitutes matter and they want to get re-elected. The dems could bring pressure on the police department's to change their culture. Use MLK's model. Don't let the sellout NAACP take over your message. The political climate is way more supportive nowadays than back in the early sixties. Don't want to do that? Your message will be nothing more than a bunch of whining.

Rope in  other minorites, which would mean a name change from BLM. If you can't do that then maybe you are a racist organization. Maybe only black lives do matter to you.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

The blacks get a Black History Month, but there's no White History Month?  #AllMonthsMatter

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 09, 2016, 01:51:59 PM
The blacks get a Black History Month, but there's no White History Month?  #AllMonthsMatter

Who cares.

Organize more effectively on national level. Put pressure on the democratic party where you  have an ear. Don't let them just give lip service. Constitutes matter and they want to get re-elected. The dems could bring pressure on the police department's to change their culture. Use MLK's model. Don't let the sellout NAACP take over your message. The political climate is way more supportive nowadays than back in the early sixties. Don't want to do that? Your message will be nothing more than a bunch of whining.

Rope in  other minorites, which would mean a name change from BLM. If you can't do that then maybe you are a racist organization. Maybe only black lives do matter to you.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

You're so full of horse shit.  The only thing more threatening than niggers are niggers with leaders.  Go fuck yourself and your faux concern, fuckstick.

OttoVonBismarck

I find CdM's black militant attitude of the last few years odd since I think he's the only one here who made a career out of beating black folk.

Admiral Yi

I think it would help their cause immensely if they put concrete policy proposals on the table.

CountDeMoney

QuoteMinistry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration Issues Travel Advisory for Bahamians traveling to United States of America

For Immediate Release
8 July 2016

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration has taken a note of the recent tensions in some American cities over shootings of young black males by police officers.

At the commencement of the Independence holiday weekend, many Bahamians will no doubt use the opportunity to travel, in particular to destinations in the United States.

We wish to advise all Bahamians traveling to the US but especially to the affected cities to exercise appropriate caution generally. In particular young males are asked to exercise extreme caution in affected cities in their interactions with the police. Do not be confrontational and cooperate.

If there is any issue please allow consular offices for The Bahamas to deal with the issues. Do not get involved in political or other demonstrations under any circumstances and avoid crowds.

The Bahamas has consular offices in New York, Washington, Miami and Atlanta and honorary consuls in Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago and Houston.

Their addresses are on the Ministry's website – mofa.gov.bs

Pay attention to the public notices and news announcements in the city that you are visiting.

Be safe, enjoy the holiday weekend and be sensible.

end

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 09, 2016, 01:57:00 PM
You're so full of horse shit.  The only thing more threatening than niggers are niggers with leaders.  Go fuck yourself and your faux concern, fuckstick.

Then all they are going to hear is wonk wonk wonk. Have fun with that.

You're the one full of shit.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2016, 02:15:48 PM
I think it would help their cause immensely if they put concrete policy proposals on the table.

Yes it would.

11B4V

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 09, 2016, 02:12:06 PM
I find CdM's black militant attitude of the last few years odd since I think he's the only one here who made a career out of beating black folk.

Race hate comes in many forms.

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on July 09, 2016, 03:09:27 PM

But the vast majority of the time it comes in the most basic and straightforward form.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on July 09, 2016, 03:34:31 PM

But the vast majority of the time it comes in the most basic and straightforward form.

Indeed.

I cannot really come up with a objective and reasoned reason to object to the BLM reason beyond simple racism.

"Please don't shoot us so fucking much" seems like a pretty uncontroversial position.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on July 09, 2016, 03:50:24 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 09, 2016, 03:34:31 PM

Indeed.

I cannot really come up with a objective and reasoned reason to object to the BLM reason beyond simple racism.

"Please don't shoot us so fucking much" seems like a pretty uncontroversial position.

No doubt, but as raz pointed out it could be much more effective.

CountDeMoney

Yes, the burden of affecting change to ensure not being murdered by the police falls on them.  Of course.