The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 08, 2016, 03:58:14 PM
Meh, you can call them bullet-holders or boom boom boxes for all I give a fuck.

I think I'll go with Bullet Rollups.  :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 08, 2016, 03:50:26 PM
I suspect Berkut did it on purpose.  I was: triggered :D

:lol:

MAH TRIGGER LOCK COMBO IS 123

citizen k

dps

dps

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-exchanges-gunfire-georgia-police-officer-40434452

ABC News
Submit
00:00

Authorities: 911 Caller Ambushed, Shot Officer in Georgia
By KATE BRUMBACK AND RUSS BYNUM, ASSOCIATED PRESS VALDOSTA, Ga. — Jul 8, 2016, 5:07 PM ET
SHARES
Email
A man who called 911 to report a car break-in Friday ambushed a south Georgia police officer dispatched to the scene, sparking a shootout in which both the officer and suspect were wounded, authorities said. Both are expected to survive.

The shooting in Valdosta, just north of the Georgia-Florida state line, happened hours after five police officers were killed Thursday night in an ambush in Dallas. Despite saying the officer was lured to the scene by the gunman, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said there was no immediate evidence the shootings were related.

"We're putting pieces together to understand what happened and why, developing witnesses," said Scott Dutton, spokesman for the GBI, which is handling the case at the request of local police. "There's nothing to indicate there's a connection to that."

Officer Randall Hancock was shot multiple times as he responded to a 911 call about a car break-in outside the Three Oaks Apartments just after 8 a.m. Friday, Valdosta Police Chief Brian Childress said at a news conference.

"The officer called out on the radio screaming for assistance," Childress said, and officers from multiple law enforcement agencies swarmed the apartment complex.

The GBI later identified the suspected gunman as 22-year-old Stephen Paul Beck and said it was Beck who also placed the 911 call. Both Childress and Dutton identified the suspect as an Asian male. Charges against Beck were still pending Friday as he was being treated at a Florida hospital, Dutton said.

The officer is white, according to Valdosta city spokeswoman Sementha Mathews.

Dutton said one gunshot hit the officer in the abdomen, just below his protective vest. Other shots hit Hancock's vest. The officer fired back and wounded the suspect.

Hancock underwent surgery at a local hospital and was stable Friday as he rested with his family by his side, Childress said. The suspect was also considered stable, he said.

"I'm relieved that my officer is fine," Childress said. "I am also equally relieved that the offender is going to make it."

The police chief said Hancock was wearing a body camera, and its video footage had been turned over to the GBI.

Childress declined to comment on any possible motive when asked about his officer being shot so soon after the Dallas attacks. The Dallas officers were shot during a protest over the recent killings of black men by police in Minnesota and Louisiana.

"You start to wonder," the police chief said. "But any motive of why this happened this morning, it would be speculation."
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Heard on NPR that Dallas dead dude was sole shooter.

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2016, 09:23:21 AM
I admit it. I'm okay with being worse than Obama.

Fuck the second amendment. Take that shit out of our Constitution. You want guns for target practice and hunting? Fine. No problem. You go through a full background check, you get finger-printed, and smile for the camera. Other than that, get rid of the goddamn guns.

So tired of waking up to this bullshit.  :mad:

There is a legal way to appeal it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 08, 2016, 04:15:45 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 08, 2016, 03:35:53 PMYes.  Sometimes they even ship 5.56 ammo on stripper clips, which makes it quicker to load a magazine if you have the magazine speed loader adapter.

This simple thing works great if they're already on strippers:

In my AK days I used to be able to load AK magazines from SKS-type stripper clips without any adapter. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: derspiess on July 08, 2016, 08:02:14 PM

This simple thing works great if they're already on strippers:

In my AK days I used to be able to load AK magazines from SKS-type stripper clips without any adapter.

What kind of strip clubs do you go to? :huh:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Zoupa

So how is that micropenis working out for you guys?

11B4V

grumbler

Quote from: Zoupa on July 09, 2016, 12:30:36 AM
So how is that micropenis working out for you guys?

Better than yours is, I dare say.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

So, when is the big discussion on US Army-inspired terrorism going to start?