The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 01:02:13 PM
I was explaining why ARs are being singled out in reaction to these shootings.

Your explanation isn't necessary. 

Banning semiauto rifles is fine, but lets not pretend it's going to keep us from having to wake up to things like this.   Easy example:  VaTech asshole had a 9mm and a damn .22, both handguns. 

LaCroix

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 12:58:03 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on July 08, 2016, 12:43:12 PM
that's why you ban semi-auto rifles. no reason for people to own those beyond the shooting range

Handguns are used most of the time, not semiauto rifles.

see valmy's response. mass shooters typically use legally purchased semi-autos. there's no justification in keeping them beyond "personal safety" (which is satisfied with other weapons less useful to commit mass casualties in a mass shooting).

LaCroix

easier to kill someone with a semi-auto than a handgun in a mass shooter scenario.

personally, I agree handguns should be banned too, but that's just not going to happen in this generation.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 01:09:25 PM
Banning semiauto rifles is fine, but lets not pretend it's going to keep us from having to wake up to things like this.   Easy example:  VaTech asshole had a 9mm and a damn .22, both handguns. 

I am pretending no such thing. :P

Besides LaCroix is not Merithyn so don't use her words against him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: LaCroix on July 08, 2016, 01:10:04 PM
see valmy's response. mass shooters typically use legally purchased semi-autos. there's no justification in keeping them beyond "personal safety" (which is satisfied with other weapons less useful to commit mass casualties in a mass shooting).

No, mass shooters typically use handguns.   I imagine it's due to the fact that they're easier to move to and from places. 

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 01:12:49 PM
I am pretending no such thing. :P

Besides LaCroix is not Merithyn so don't use her words against him.

I guess he shouldn't have commented in the first place?

Valmy

Dude chill none of this is going to happen in Texas anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 01:17:08 PM
I guess he shouldn't have commented in the first place?

Huh? If he comments it is assumed he said what Meri said? Why? :lol:

LaCroix

MadBurgerMaker

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 12:59:08 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2016, 12:57:56 PM
They shot a white kid? Oh those dumb-asses are going to get put on administrative paid leave now.

Happens pretty often so I don't appreciate the attitude asshole.

It happens all the time and nothing ever gets done, I choose assholish un-PC humor as my attitude.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 01:19:25 PM
Huh? If he comments it is assumed he said what Meri said? Why? :lol:

:huh:  It is specifically what was responded to. 

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 01:21:08 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on July 08, 2016, 01:19:42 PM
not lately, madburger

Just because they haven't been on the national news doesn't mean it isn't happening: http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

There are a few factors you need to consider. Handguns are much better for committing crimes. So some shootings happen in the normal course of somebody trying to rob someplace or whatever. So just because it qualifies as a 'mass shooting' in some kind of metric it may not mean what we mean as a mass shooting.

If you are intending to murder as many people as possible as a terrorist act then surely you would want something more accurate with a higher rate of fire.

LaCroix

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 01:21:08 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on July 08, 2016, 01:19:42 PM
not lately, madburger

Just because they haven't been on the national news doesn't mean it isn't happening: http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

mass shooter, not gangland violence. guy goes into a crowd and starts shooting without personal knowledge of anyone he's shooting at.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2016, 01:21:25 PM
It happens all the time and nothing ever gets done, I choose assholish un-PC humor as my attitude.

Yes but as a result of processes that happened over decades. Also I question the idea that nothing is being done. Plenty is happening.

But even if it was not cheering and making jokes about the death of my countrymen is a shit thing to do so fuck you.