The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 08, 2016, 11:52:26 AM
Vetoed.  Let's move on.

Yeah. If you want strict gun control you need to move to another country. Sorry.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

I don't think fingerprinting or more background checks would have done anything about this guy.  He didn't have a record, apparently.  Orlando dude didn't either, did he?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 12:00:30 PM
I don't think fingerprinting or more background checks would have done anything about this guy.  He didn't have a record, apparently.  Orlando dude didn't either, did he?

Well that is the thing. If you are going to commit some kind of terrorist attack with the intention of being killed or taken prisoner then you probably are not some kind of criminal who is going to stick out. That is kind of a one off.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 12:02:07 PM
Well that is the thing. If you are going to commit some kind of terrorist attack with the intention of being killed or taken prisoner then you probably are not some kind of criminal who is going to stick out. That is kind of a one off.

Okay, so then why would getting rid of the 2nd amendment, fingerprinting, and background checks have made it so we don't have to wake up to this kind of shit, if you're still going to allow guns for other stuff?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 12:11:03 PM

Okay, so then why would any of that have made it so we don't have to wake up to this kind of shit?

I don't know. That is why I was agreeing with you.

MadBurgerMaker

Hamilcar

I blame all the angry studies departments churning out people with such a deep sense of their personal oppression. Ethnic studies professors preaching victimhood culture are at the root of this. Defund the humanities now.

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 11:54:46 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 08, 2016, 11:52:26 AM
Vetoed.  Let's move on.

Yeah. If you want strict gun control you need to move to another country. Sorry.

Working on it....  <_<
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2016, 12:23:31 PM

Working on it....  <_<

Hey I hear you know a Canadian. Or is he still a Canadian?

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 12:31:11 PM
Cop shot in the neck in the St Louis area during a traffic stop: http://fox2now.com/2016/07/08/report-officer-shot-in-ballwin-manhunt-underway/

Another officer in the Atlanta area was shot AT, but the guy missed: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-gunman-vehicle-shoots-georgia-officer-40429107

Sounds like they captured both of them. Hope that cop in Missouri is alright.

Hamilcar

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2016, 09:23:21 AM
I admit it. I'm okay with being worse than Obama.

Fuck the second amendment. Take that shit out of our Constitution. You want guns for target practice and hunting? Fine. No problem. You go through a full background check, you get finger-printed, and smile for the camera. Other than that, get rid of the goddamn guns.

So tired of waking up to this bullshit.  :mad:

What does a full background check entail, and what are the disqualifyers?

Valmy

Besides don't states have the authority to institute something like a thorough background check currently?

LaCroix

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 12:11:03 PM

Okay, so then why would getting rid of the 2nd amendment, fingerprinting, and background checks have made it so we don't have to wake up to this kind of shit, if you're still going to allow guns for other stuff?

that's why you ban semi-auto rifles. no reason for people to own those beyond the shooting range