The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malicious Intent

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2016, 07:26:03 AM
(...)
You watch the blowback on this develop over the next few days, and watch the narrative develop, the same way Orlando's narrative developed.  See, this is what happens when you let blacks march.  See, this is what happens when you lend credibility to #BlackLivesMatter.  We told you so.

And, by implication, that the victims of excessive police force like those in Baton Rouge and Minneapolis are not only forgotten, but actually deserved what they got.  Watch how the internet will start leaning in on the insinuations that this is President Obama's fault from his comments yesterday.
(...)

And here it starts already:

Former Illinois Congressman Joe Walsh is facing a wave of criticism online after he threatened President Obama in a tweet.  He has since deleted the tweet.

https://twitter.com/wkamaubell/status/751277896816144384/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 10:39:57 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 10:36:02 AM
So the cops blew this dude up with a grenade (or something) delivered via robot?  I had no idea that was even a thing police would do.

:blink:

I believe it was a stun grenade.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

So the cops blew this dude up with a grenade (or something) delivered via robot?  I had no idea that was even a thing police would do.

Yes, ordnance delivery has improved substantially since the strategic bombing campaigns in North Vietnam and Philadelphia.

garbon

Quote from: Malicious Intent on July 08, 2016, 10:45:20 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2016, 07:26:03 AM
(...)
You watch the blowback on this develop over the next few days, and watch the narrative develop, the same way Orlando's narrative developed.  See, this is what happens when you let blacks march.  See, this is what happens when you lend credibility to #BlackLivesMatter.  We told you so.

And, by implication, that the victims of excessive police force like those in Baton Rouge and Minneapolis are not only forgotten, but actually deserved what they got.  Watch how the internet will start leaning in on the insinuations that this is President Obama's fault from his comments yesterday.
(...)

And here it starts already:

Former Illinois Congressman Joe Walsh is facing a wave of criticism online after he threatened President Obama in a tweet.  He has since deleted the tweet.

https://twitter.com/wkamaubell/status/751277896816144384/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Yeah because of my fault in not wanting to politicize this event (aka talk about presidential election in this thread), Bob posted a link to that in the presidential election thread.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2016, 10:45:28 AM

Ah ok. I was about to say. I don't think anybody thinks having suicide bots would be a nice thing for the police to be able to deploy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2016, 10:46:10 AM

Yes, ordnance delivery has improved substantially since the strategic bombing campaTGigns in North Vietnam and Philadelphia.

:lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 10:47:41 AM

Ah ok. I was about to say. I don't think anybody thinks having suicide bots would be a nice thing for the police to be able to deploy.

:secret:  If you ever decide you want to take some hostages and conduct your own armed standoff, [spoiler]don't ever accept a toss phone from the police. [/spoiler]  :ph34r:

Malicious Intent

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2016, 10:46:35 AM
Yeah because of my fault in not wanting to politicize this event (aka talk about presidential election in this thread), Bob posted a link to that in the presidential election thread.

Ah, haven't seen it. Sorry for bringing it up here.

MadBurgerMaker

Eh.  I dunno.   ABC is straight up saying he was killed by a bomb delivered by a robot.

E: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/latest-dallas-police-man-photo-turned-40426075  First time it was done this way, but still :blink:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2016, 10:46:10 AM

Yes, ordnance delivery has improved substantially since the strategic bombing campaigns in North Vietnam and Philadelphia.

A B-52 out of Barksdale just takes too long to get there sometimes.

garbon

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 10:54:09 AM

Eh.  I dunno.   ABC is straight up saying he was killed by a bomb delivered by a robot.

E: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/latest-dallas-police-man-photo-turned-40426075  First time it was done this way, but still :blink:
Oh wow, yeah that does seem to be that way. Crazy if true.

MadBurgerMaker

Dude was an Army Reservist.  Some sort of construction type.

derspiess

Never heard of that, either.  First two or three times I read it I assumed the shooter had an explosive device with him and the robot detonated.  Kind of hard core, but if the guy wasn't going to give up and continued to be a threat to people, I guess I can't argue with it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2016, 10:41:44 AM
Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2016, 09:23:21 AM
I admit it. I'm okay with being worse than Obama.

Fuck the second amendment. Take that shit out of our Constitution. You want guns for target practice and hunting? Fine. No problem. You go through a full background check, you get finger-printed, and smile for the camera. Other than that, get rid of the goddamn guns.

So tired of waking up to this bullshit.  :mad:

Hear, hear!

Vetoed.  Let's move on.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

It seems now the flags are at half mast more often than they are at full mast.

Fuck.

Be interesting to see what information comes out about these bastards in the next couple days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."