The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 12:00:29 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2016, 11:56:51 PM
Both suspects in custody

It is better the times we can take these shooters alive. It will be interesting to learn who they are and what exactly happened.

I prefer them being taken dead.  We'll figure out everything anyway without the sensational news coverage, trial, etc.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2016, 11:55:31 PM
Stick with that on this incident and you be a fool.

Hey now...when everybody was screaming about Oh Noes Teh Mooselimb Terrerists in Orlando, I was the first to call it for what it was, the pilot episode of When Fags Attack!.

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 08, 2016, 12:00:30 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2016, 11:53:54 PM
Fox is playing raw vid of a shooter on the ground.

Fox News screwed up the video.  But when they got to the early part you see one of the gunmen assaulting the cop, with the cop going down :(

Yea.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

LaCroix

:hmm: NBC's stream is focused on a black mercedes. nothing else, other than camo guy.

are they slow?

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2016, 12:02:08 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2016, 11:55:31 PM
Stick with that on this incident and you be a fool.

Hey now...when everybody was screaming about Oh Noes Teh Mooselimb Terrerists in Orlando, I was the first to call it for what it was, the pilot episode of When Fags Attack!.

:cheers:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 08, 2016, 12:01:49 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 12:00:29 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2016, 11:56:51 PM
Both suspects in custody

It is better the times we can take these shooters alive. It will be interesting to learn who they are and what exactly happened.

I prefer them being taken dead.  We'll figure out everything anyway without the sensational news coverage, trial, etc.

No you want them alive. Better for the cops. This is race shit.

LaCroix

https://twitter.com/seguifox13/status/751278909895745537
(warning, this video shows a cop getting shot probably dead)

seems like pretty advanced moves by the shooter

11B4V

Wtf they are still negotiating with a suspect at the parking garage.

OttoVonBismarck

Eh, not necessarily advanced. Shooter(s) probably are ex-military or have done a lot of private tactical training (although it's hard to find any that isn't garbage, but it is out there.) Shooter had initiative and finished, the cop was ill positioned and probably unaware of his surroundings fully. While more and more training is the norm these days (versus way back in the past when you had Officer Columbo types who couldn't even hit the broad side of a barn with their service weapon) the rule is still that most cops aren't really paramilitary badasses. The day to day job just isn't that, and it's hard for departments to justify the kind of training that would be needed to get every regular patrol cop in the department serious tactical training considering most of them might never use it in their entire careers.

derspiess

Otto, the speculation was that this was some very non-front line type cop who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

OttoVonBismarck

I'm assuming the first responding police officers were the guys working the protest, and thus were probably regular patrol cops. Some of which may have had advanced tactical training, but it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of them did not.

Phillip V

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 08, 2016, 12:45:58 AM
I'm assuming the first responding police officers were the guys working the protest, and thus were probably regular patrol cops. Some of which may have had advanced tactical training, but it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of them did not.

One interview I watched mentioned that to cover these large events, they bring in reserve/volunteer/retired cops.

OttoVonBismarck

Lol, if they bring in reserves those guys are barely po-po at all. More like Dwight Schrute wannabes.

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on July 08, 2016, 12:03:55 AM
No you want them alive. Better for the cops. This is race shit.

And get him on the cover of Rolling Stone a la Joker Tsarnaev?  Nah, I prefer dead.