The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2016, 11:20:40 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on July 07, 2016, 11:15:44 PM
When was the last time race relations were this bad?

When has everybody's relations been this bad? When have the relations between Republicans and Democrats been this bad? When have class relations been this bad?

Everybody is losing their damn minds. I am not sure why.

The internet.  I'm sure we'll moderate at some point.  Might take a couple decades, but it will eventually happen.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Lettow77

Given that the black community is absolutely right about the perceived police brutality and oppression they face, and is itself a violent community by nature, I am surprised this isn't more common than it is.

Unfortunately, this will do nothing at all to advance the dialogue of proper consequences for murderous police. It doesn't seem like this will get better.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

derspiess

So the footage I saw of a suspect in camo pants being arrested was not one of the two suspects.  Both fuckers are at large, with only one of them (the shithead smiling in the pic others have posted) having been sort of identified.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

LaCroix

Quote from: citizen k on July 07, 2016, 11:00:00 PM

not him

this, plus the guy's brother called in and was adamant that the pictured guy wasn't involved. said his brother was "exercising his second amendment rights" and gave up his gun to police after the shooting started.

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2016, 11:26:35 PM
So the footage I saw of a suspect in camo pants being arrested was not one of the two suspects.  Both fuckers are at large, with only one of them (the shithead smiling in the pic others have posted) having been sort of identified.

Looked like he was wearing a ballistic vest.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 07, 2016, 11:26:27 PM
Given that the black community is absolutely right about the perceived police brutality and oppression they face, and is itself a violent community by nature, I am surprised this isn't more common than it is.

You managed, once again, to offend 100% of Languish in one sentence.  Congrats.  Seriously.

OttoVonBismarck

Guess I'll skip that black lives matter rally I planned on attending.

derspiess

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2016, 11:29:09 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on July 07, 2016, 11:26:27 PM

You managed, once again, to offend 100% of Languish in one sentence.  Congrats.  Seriously.

He is from the South.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2016, 11:28:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2016, 11:26:35 PM

Looked like he was wearing a ballistic vest.

Yeah, he looked guilty.  But I guess most guys in handcuffs do :P

LaCroix

on live stream, media is now questioning the guy's brother (the big black guy in a white shirt pictured in the picture I posted). the reporters are acting like such assholes, and the brother and his friends are just pissed. this poor guy, holy shit.  :lol:

derspiess

The camo shirt guy turned himself in, Lacroix.  Never mind.

derspiess

11B4V

11B4V

Quote from: LaCroix on July 07, 2016, 11:32:19 PM
on live stream, media is now questioning the guy's brother (the big black guy in a white shirt pictured in the picture I posted). the reporters are acting like such assholes, and the brother and his friends are just pissed. this poor guy, holy shit.  :lol:

Wear cameo and open carry. Yeah right.