The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on March 31, 2016, 09:37:11 AM

Sorry. When I see stuff about Teenagers on the internet.

Better clear your history before your wife uses the computer!  :lol:

QuoteWait. Oh I see what you did there.

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HisMajestyBOB

Happened two months ago, but the Post ran an article today:
'Please don't shoot me': Man pleads for life moments before being killed by police officer

QuoteIn Daniel Shaver's final moments, he was heard pleading for his life — sobbing and saying to police officers, "Please don't shoot me."

Shortly afterward, Shaver was shot and killed by one of them, according to an investigation report from the Mesa Police Department.

In January, authorities said former officer Philip "Mitch" Brailsford fatally shot Shaver after responding to a call about a suspect with a gun. He has been charged with second-degree murder and fired from the force.

Shit's fucked up.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 31, 2016, 06:31:58 AM
A search for "Three black teenagers" generates police mugshots.
A search for "Three white teenagers" generates fun!

Luckily, anyone who wants to can be a white teenager.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

citizen k

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 31, 2016, 10:07:15 PM
Happened two months ago, but the Post ran an article today:
'Please don't shoot me': Man pleads for life moments before being killed by police officer

QuoteIn Daniel Shaver's final moments, he was heard pleading for his life — sobbing and saying to police officers, "Please don't shoot me."

Shortly afterward, Shaver was shot and killed by one of them, according to an investigation report from the Mesa Police Department.

In January, authorities said former officer Philip "Mitch" Brailsford fatally shot Shaver after responding to a call about a suspect with a gun. He has been charged with second-degree murder and fired from the force.

Shit's fucked up.

"you're f*cked,"  - inscribed on Brailsford's AR-15.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Shit's fucked up.

That has to be the worst one of these I have ever heard. I just...I don't know. How does a man like that get hired on in the first place?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

That is messed up.  But man, alcohol and firearms do not mix.  At all.  If you start drinking, make sure everything is locked away.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 01, 2016, 11:14:25 AM
That has to be the worst one of these I have ever heard. I just...I don't know. How does a man like that get hired on in the first place?

Because older versions of him hire guys like him.  It's a self-perpetuating system of stupid.

dps

Quote from: Valmy on April 01, 2016, 11:14:25 AM
Shit's fucked up.

I don't know--the one about the guy standing in his doorway telling the officers he was afraid to come out of his house because he thought they might shoot him might have been worse.

jimmy olsen

Fucking crazy

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/04/19/murfreesboro_tennessee_police_arrest_elementary_school_students_for_watching.html

QuoteArrest Students Aged 6-to-11 at Elementary School for Watching Neighborhood Fight
By Elliot Hannon

APRIL 19 2016 11:27 PM

The students were handcuffed and arrested at their elementary school.

Photo by JOHANNES EISELE/AFP/Getty Images

Two Tennessee lawmakers are calling for a state and federal Justice Department investigation into the conduct of a small town police department that handcuffed and arrested at least ten children aged 6-to-11 years old at their elementary school last Friday. The arrests took place at Hobgood Elementary School, located about 40 miles outside of Nashville in Murfreesboro, Tenn., because the students allegedly had not intervened to break up an off-campus fight that took place nearly a month prior.

"Today I call on United States Department of Justice to immediately open an investigation into the reported arrest and handcuffing of children as young as 6 by the Murfreesboro police," Democratic state Rep. Mike Stewart said Tuesday. "There is no explanation for such inexcusable conduct perpetrated against young children who were peacefully attending elementary school when accosted, handcuffed and jailed."

The Murfreesboro Police Deparment has been largely silent on the details of the case because it involves juveniles. The alleged fight, which took place during a neighborhood pickup basketball game, was described by one parent to the local ABC-affiliate as "no more than a scuffle of children pushing each other back and forth." A video shot on a cell phone surfaced that led the Murfreesboro Police Department to take the extraordinary step and handcuff the elementary school students at school. The students were then taken from school to a juvenile center and "charged with the misdemeanor of being criminally responsible for the conduct of others," according to the Murfreesboro Post.

Parents and members of the local community are, understandably, upset by the treatment. "More than 150 people, almost entirely African-American, gathered at First Baptist Church on East Castle Street in Murfreesboro Sunday afternoon to discuss the incident," the Tennessean reports. Police and town officials have promised a review of the situation.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Question: who is more to blame, cops for being cops, or the asshole who has to film everything?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 20, 2016, 03:23:14 AM
Question: who is more to blame, cops for being cops, or the asshole who has to film everything?

How about the thugs who decided to arrest 10 elementary school students.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2016, 05:42:47 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 20, 2016, 03:23:14 AM

How about the thugs who decided to arrest 10 elementary school students.

"Thugs"? Racist.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.