The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on October 14, 2015, 02:31:06 PM
My position that the police should not pull out guns are start blasting away inside a house when a dog reacts to them being there is not dependent on how often that occurs.

I stand corrected.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 14, 2015, 02:28:54 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2015, 02:23:58 PM
We had case were the police shot a dog in a cage.

We had case where police raped all the women and stole everything in the house.  So what?

It's not my impression that getting charged by a dog when responding to a request for help is a daily occurence.  Maybe you guys know better than me.

I think you have the wrong impression  then.  Dogs are pretty common, and typical behavior involves barking at strangers and even running up to them.  I would suggest that being barked at or even approached by a dog on personal property is a daily occurrence.  Police who respond inappropriately to this (by shooting), probably shouldn't be police.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2015, 02:35:29 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 14, 2015, 02:28:54 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2015, 02:23:58 PM
We had case were the police shot a dog in a cage.

We had case where police raped all the women and stole everything in the house.  So what?

It's not my impression that getting charged by a dog when responding to a request for help is a daily occurence.  Maybe you guys know better than me.

I think you have the wrong impression  then.  Dogs are pretty common, and typical behavior involves barking at strangers and even running up to them.  I would suggest that being barked at or even approached by a dog on personal property is a daily occurrence.  Police who respond inappropriately to this (by shooting), probably shouldn't be police.

:yes:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

What he needed is more shooting practice. If you shoot the dog and miss, the dog can still bite you, and worse, it will continue to bark!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2015, 02:35:29 PM

If you want to suggest that getting charged by a dog is a daily occurrence, go ahead and suggest that too.

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 14, 2015, 02:44:03 PM
What he needed is more shooting practice. If you shoot the dog and miss, the dog can still bite you, and worse, it will continue to bark!

Probably even louder than before!  :hmm:

Anyway, I bet that dog was reaching for a gun.  :P

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 14, 2015, 02:48:22 PM
If you want to suggest that getting charged by a dog is a daily occurrence, go ahead and suggest that too.

Dude it is a dog. Are you confusing it with a bull?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2015, 02:53:36 PM

No, I understood it was a dog.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 14, 2015, 02:58:35 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2015, 02:53:36 PM

No, I understood it was a dog.

Ok well then I am confused by your response to this. Sure if one was charged by a bull that would indeed be an strange occurrence worthy of a panicked response. But a dog? I mean dogs are everywhere. How can interacting with one not be an everyday occurrence?

This better be one huge and ferocious dog. I mean Michael Vick's fighting dogs better have nothing on this thing.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2015, 03:14:46 PM
Ok well then I am confused by your response to this. Has a dog never run in your direction before?

Several dogs have "run in my direction" before.  Most of them were friendly and wanted to sniff my crotch and jump up on me.  A few were less friendly and were brought up short by a chain or a fence.

The article said the dog charged.  We can discuss a reasonable response by a cop to a charging dog.  We can discuss whether charging dogs pose a threat to humans.  We can discuss whether the article is mischaracterizing the dog's actions.  But there's no reason to jump over those issues and pretend the cop shot a dog that was trying to lick him.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 14, 2015, 03:23:57 PM
But there's no reason to jump over those issues and pretend the cop shot a dog that was trying to lick him.

Who is pretending that? I presumed the dog was running at him going apeshit and barking like a helion. Because that is what dogs do when strangers enter their turf. As a cop you are going to be entering lots of dogs' turf.

Razgovory

It's a bit difficult to decipher the intentions of a dog.  If a cop shoots every dog that charges at him in an emergency situation then he's going shoot a lot of dogs.  It'd be a real bummer if a family evacuates the house due to a fire only to have an officer on the scene shoot the dog because it charged him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-boy-6-accidentally-shoots-kills-brother-3-203351585.html

QuoteChicago boy, 6, accidentally shoots, kills brother, 3

A Chicago man has been charged with child endangerment after his three-year-old son was shot and killed by his six-year-old brother while the two were playing "cops and robbers," police said on Sunday.

The six-year-old found the loaded revolver on top of the refrigerator and shot little brother Eian Santiago in the head on Saturday evening, according to police and the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. The older brother's name was not disclosed.

The boys' father, Michael Santiago, 25, was arrested and charged with child endangerment, a felony, police said. He appeared in court on Sunday and is being held on a $75,000 bond, according to DNAinfo.com Chicago, a local news web site.

"He was a beautiful kid. It's real crazy," the grandfather, Israel LaSalle, said in a tearful interview on CLTV, a local television station. "That's why parents should never have guns in the house."

The shooting happened at about 9:05 p.m. CDT (1405 GMT) on the city's northwest side. The three-year-old was carried by a family member a block away to Norwegian American Hospital, and then transported to Mount Sinai Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead shortly before midnight, officials said.

Michael Santiago told police he was a former member of the Spanish Cobras street gang and had purchased the gun from a gang member for protection, said police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

At the bond hearing, Cook County Assistant State's Attorney Joseph DiBella said the shooting happened when the children were in the care of their grandfather while Santiago was at work and his wife was at the store with a younger child, age one, according to DNAinfo.com.

Santiago had shown the six-year-old the gun a week before, telling him it was only for adults, DiBella said, according to the web site. The gun had been wrapped in pajama pants.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Well, no, that is NOT why parents should not have guns in the house, that is why adults should not leave loaded revolvers on the fridge.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned