The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

You know, it's interesting to take a look at the beginning of this thread and see all the things that were posted and later found not to be true.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 18, 2015, 03:59:21 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 18, 2015, 03:56:21 PM
You disappoint me, Brad.

I disappoint you everyday.  However, back during the Tea Party rise you were just fine with people jumping up on stage screaming at politicians.  Not so much now.

I was?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Yes.  You admired the "political theater" of the whole thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Jumping on stage and screaming at politicians, though?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ancient Demon

I think the problem with "Black Lives Matter" is that it turns into a race issue something that really shouldn't be. Police reform in much of the US is badly needed however.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Martinus

Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 19, 2015, 01:46:17 AM
I think the problem with "Black Lives Matter" is that it turns into a race issue something that really shouldn't be. Police reform in much of the US is badly needed however.
:huh:

Jaron

:lmfao: What?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

According to a statistic released this week, Austrian police have fired a total of 54 shots in all of 2014. In 1995 it was five times as many. Three suspects were wounded, one killed last year. In the last 20 years, Austrian police have killed on average 2.3 people per year.

Austria has a population of ca. 8.5 million vs ca. 320 million in the US. So the equivalent of Austria's numbers in the US would be an average 86 dead suspects shot by police p.a.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on August 18, 2015, 09:51:17 PM
Jumping on stage and screaming at politicians, though?

There was a whole bunch of townhalls during the Obamacare fight.  Lots of screaming.  I guess it was understandable considering the big population reduction thing it was going to do by 2014.

Tonitrus

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 19, 2015, 02:46:48 AM
There was a whole bunch of townhalls during the Obamacare fight.  Lots of screaming.  I guess it was understandable considering the big population reduction thing it was going to do by 2014.

Okay.  Continue to be vague and stuff.

garbon

What is the "it" that black lives matter suddenly makes a race issue? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Grabon doesn't care about white people who are victims of police violence.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 19, 2015, 07:09:45 AM
Grabon doesn't care about white people who are victims of police violence.

So clearly that is a false statement.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.