The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

The driver, the one charged with murder, is black.

Razgovory

Ted Cruz says all this is Obama's fault... somehow.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2015, 11:25:07 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2015, 11:02:03 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 30, 2015, 10:06:26 PM
That is why I have my loot bags ready at all times.

If a black cop shoots a white perp I'm looting the hell out of a Bass Pro.

We'll you would be only one dumb enough to try to loot a store where the people there have rifles.

Good place to stock up on rifles.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2015, 05:41:03 PM
Ted Cruz says all this is Obama's fault... somehow.

Well, he didn't prevent it, did he?? 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2015, 07:35:53 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2015, 11:25:07 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2015, 11:02:03 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 30, 2015, 10:06:26 PM
That is why I have my loot bags ready at all times.

If a black cop shoots a white perp I'm looting the hell out of a Bass Pro.

We'll you would be only one dumb enough to try to loot a store where the people there have rifles.

Good place to stock up on rifles.

And shitty Duck Commander merch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Plus lures, bait, moon pies, a boat.  Maybe even snag me a stuffed bear.

Ed Anger

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 01, 2015, 01:03:59 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 01, 2015, 12:43:35 PM
It could happen.
Yes, it could happen. However, I'm no longer inclined to give the police the benefit of the doubt.

Lol TIMMAHZ WITH ATTITUDE.  Straight outta da suburb.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 02, 2015, 12:39:44 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 01, 2015, 01:03:59 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 01, 2015, 12:43:35 PM
It could happen.
Yes, it could happen. However, I'm no longer inclined to give the police the benefit of the doubt.

Lol TIMMAHZ WITH ATTITUDE.  Straight outta da suburb.

He's going to loot the Barnes and Nobles.

Ed Anger

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 01, 2015, 08:08:39 PM
Moon pies? I'm off to loot!

You be careful, you know what happened last time.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Fate

So, I'm moving up to Baltimore this June. I was visiting last weekend during the curfew to apartment hunt. Sucks for the small businesses, but it was perfect timing to negotiate a lower rental price.  :menace: It was eerie watching national guard patrol the Inner Harbor area and see MRAP/Humvee convoys going through downtown. Got a photo with the squad who were guarding the entrance to the Johns Hopkins emergency room. I doubt I'll see that again in my lifetime (well, maybe again when they acquit the cops, LA style.)

I also drove around Sandtown-Winchester (Freddie Gray's 'hood) for fun. It's fucking third world over there.