The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 29, 2015, 07:46:47 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 29, 2015, 10:43:46 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 29, 2015, 10:40:02 AM
And this caused the riot?

Well we have not had major riots like this since the 1960s. Mistrust of the police and authorities also featured there completely coincidentally. Or not so coincidentally.

:huh:   I'm fairly certain we have.  Big one in 1992.  Smaller one in Cinncy a decade ago.

*sigh*

But hey what triggered the 1992 one....hmmmmmm

But you see nothing socially destabilizing about it? Not sure what so say.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2015, 08:46:55 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 29, 2015, 07:46:47 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 29, 2015, 10:43:46 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 29, 2015, 10:40:02 AM
And this caused the riot?

Well we have not had major riots like this since the 1960s. Mistrust of the police and authorities also featured there completely coincidentally. Or not so coincidentally.

:huh:   I'm fairly certain we have.  Big one in 1992.  Smaller one in Cinncy a decade ago.

*sigh*

But hey what triggered the 1992 one....hmmmmmm

A guy beaten up by cops using night sticks.  I'm not sure what it has to do with militarization.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2015, 11:56:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbDcDaNJ7eo

Mom bitch slaps son for acting up in riots.  Fun starts around 2:20.

Happened a lot in HK last year.  Angry parents saw their kids sleeping on the roads on TV and went out to drag them back home.  It was a like a generational war. 

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on April 29, 2015, 07:47:26 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 29, 2015, 06:16:00 PM
People were depicting Dubya as a monkey and it even made its way on to t-shirts.  I guess we're only allowed to ridicule our authority figures if they're white.
even you have to know that the context of these two situations is very different.

Why is it different?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Anyway, anyone hear from Seedy if he got anything good from the CVS or from that local family-owned sporting goods store?  Hope he at least scored a new pair of kicks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2015, 09:37:52 PM
Anyway, anyone hear from Seedy if he got anything good from the CVS or from that local family-owned sporting goods store?  Hope he at least scored a new pair of kicks.

Those keep gettin' harder to find.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2015, 09:37:52 PM

He's just kicking back watching it on CNN.

Ed Anger

I'd steal all the weave and corner the market.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Ed Anger

That is why I have my loot bags ready at all times.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 30, 2015, 10:06:26 PM
That is why I have my loot bags ready at all times.

If a black cop shoots a white perp I'm looting the hell out of a Bass Pro.