The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I guess cops have better lawyers on their side than ham sandwiches in these grand juries.  Some of these lawyers probably even have titles like ADA.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on December 03, 2014, 06:36:18 PM
I can hear the protesters from my office (and I'm on the 14th floor). Chants of "fight back!" Unlike Mono, I'm torn as I sympathize with them but wish they would protest...somewhere else. :D -_-

garbon's the local chapter president for the Bitch Panthers.  :P

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 03, 2014, 06:54:34 PM
The Cleveland officer's background as a suburban cop. It seems very Pryzbylewski:
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_police_officer_who_s.html#incart_m-rpt-1

I simply don't understand why he was ever, ever hired by Cleveland PD after that.

When I did background investigations for applicants, and we found shit like that in someone's jacket with their former agency, that was it.  Application terminated. 

QuoteCleveland officials drove to Independence to gather information about hiring the officer who eventually shot Tamir Rice but never looked at his personnel file.

Jesus. H. Christ.   

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 06:48:14 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 03, 2014, 06:36:18 PM
I can hear the protesters from my office (and I'm on the 14th floor). Chants of "fight back!" Unlike Mono, I'm torn as I sympathize with them but wish they would protest...somewhere else. :D -_-

garbon's the local chapter president for the Bitch Panthers.  :P

I'm just trying to get home quickly after a long day in the office / I'm trying to leave for London so don't try and get me caught up in such mess, kthxbye! -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

So, was the cop guilty or not?
I mean your opinion,  of course.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2014, 05:16:23 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 03, 2014, 04:57:08 PM
Any idea if those were "had 25 kg of cocaine" or "was smoking a joint on his porch" convictions?

A joint on your porch doesn't get you a felony.

Even for Black people in Missouri?

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on December 03, 2014, 07:07:02 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2014, 05:16:23 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 03, 2014, 04:57:08 PM
Any idea if those were "had 25 kg of cocaine" or "was smoking a joint on his porch" convictions?

A joint on your porch doesn't get you a felony.

Even for Black people in Missouri?

Typically no.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DGuller

His handgun performance seemed adequate based on what I saw.

11B4V

QuoteA Nov. 29, 2012 letter contained in Tim Loehmann's personnel file from the Independence Police Department says that during firearms qualification training he was "distracted" and "weepy."

WEEPY...WEEPY WTF IS THAT. DID HE START SQUIRTING TEARS ON THE RANGE. :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 07:00:13 PM
When I did background investigations for applicants, and we found shit like that in someone's jacket with their former agency, that was it.  Application terminated. 

Seedy ran a no-bullshit operation.  He was known as tough, but fair.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on December 03, 2014, 07:40:59 PM
QuoteA Nov. 29, 2012 letter contained in Tim Loehmann's personnel file from the Independence Police Department says that during firearms qualification training he was "distracted" and "weepy."

WEEPY...WEEPY WTF IS THAT. DID HE START SQUIRTING TEARS ON THE RANGE. :lol:

Apparently, yes.  That he wanted in to "see more action" should have raised some flags.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 07:00:13 PM

QuoteCleveland officials drove to Independence to gather information about hiring the officer who eventually shot Tamir Rice but never looked at his personnel file.

Jesus. H. Christ.   

What?  That's nuts.

Apparently I did more to screen job applicants for sales clerk positions than they did for a cop.