The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2020, 03:20:37 PM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 29, 2020, 03:19:28 PM
Quote from: Syt on August 29, 2020, 05:20:44 AM
At least the NY Post is fair and balanced.

I suppose you think it's actually fair and balanced when most of the media defended Trayvon, and now is demonizing Kyle.

Well Trayvon didn't kill anybody, I don't really see how the two situations demand equal treatment.

^this
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2020, 03:20:37 PM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 29, 2020, 03:19:28 PM
Quote from: Syt on August 29, 2020, 05:20:44 AM
At least the NY Post is fair and balanced.

I suppose you think it's actually fair and balanced when most of the media defended Trayvon, and now is demonizing Kyle.

Well Trayvon didn't kill anybody, I don't really see how the two situations demand equal treatment.

They probably don't, but it was Syt who brought it up.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2020, 03:22:24 PM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 29, 2020, 03:20:20 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on August 29, 2020, 09:24:02 AM
In just a few hours, that murderer got 140k from fellow fascists for his legal defense, on a Christian social funding site.

He's not a murderer or a fascist, and I hope he get's even more money and support.

Is killing American citizens just fine and alright now? I am just so baffled by the "American citizens who are killed deserve it" attitude I keep seeing.

I guess if that is the new expectation I should adjust my attitude accordingly.

Self defense is acceptable, whether the assailants are American citizens or not.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 29, 2020, 03:28:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2020, 03:22:24 PM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 29, 2020, 03:20:20 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on August 29, 2020, 09:24:02 AM
In just a few hours, that murderer got 140k from fellow fascists for his legal defense, on a Christian social funding site.

He's not a murderer or a fascist, and I hope he get's even more money and support.

Is killing American citizens just fine and alright now? I am just so baffled by the "American citizens who are killed deserve it" attitude I keep seeing.

I guess if that is the new expectation I should adjust my attitude accordingly.

Self defense is acceptable, whether the assailants are American citizens or not.

This wasn't fucking self defense.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Sure and if he was acting in self defense that will be born out in trial. At least he is actually getting a trial.

But that fact is not established.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ancient Demon

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2020, 03:55:32 PM

Sure and if he was acting in self defense that will be born out in trial. At least he is actually getting a trial.

But that fact is not established.

Okay.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 29, 2020, 05:38:08 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on August 29, 2020, 03:51:45 PM

Yes it fucking was.

Maybe #2 and #3 were. Vigilante mobs are bad. But auto dealerships don't fall under self-defense.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 29, 2020, 06:05:16 PM

Yes it fucking was.

Maybe #2 and #3 were. Vigilante mobs are bad. But auto dealerships don't fall under self-defense.
I would think it would be all or nothing.  You don't get to claim self-defense because people are trying to stop you after murdering someone.

Sheilbh

Quote from: DGuller on August 29, 2020, 06:22:11 PM
I would think it would be all or nothing.  You don't get to claim self-defense because people are trying to stop you after murdering someone.
Yeah it's like that shooting/terrorist attack in London where the guy got chased by someone with a Narwhal tusk. He doesn't get to claim GBH because he got hurt by the Narwhal tusk.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on August 29, 2020, 06:22:11 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 29, 2020, 06:05:16 PM

Yes it fucking was.

Is he trying to kill more people or to flee?

People taking it on themselves to be police is a dangerous situation.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 29, 2020, 06:42:05 PM
People taking it on themselves to be police is a dangerous situation.
Do Americans have like the trope of "have a go heroes"?

Examples are the guy with the Narwhal tusk, or the guy at Glasgow airport who kicked a terrorist in the bollocks so hard he tore a tendon in his foot :lol:

Also isn't it part of the argument for people having guns, that they can protect themselves from crime?
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

We invented Batman. Doesn't mean people should emulate him.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 29, 2020, 06:57:19 PM
We invented Batman. Doesn't mean people should emulate him.
But that's a vigilante. This is more people just stopping a crime they see happening - tripping up a thief, chasing a terrorist with ivory, kicking them in the balls. It's the old idea the public are the police and the police are the public.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 29, 2020, 05:38:36 PM
Okay.

Yep. The fact that there will be a trial will help establish the facts.

However, I am a little uncomfortable with some people rushing to pick up the bill.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."