The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on August 11, 2020, 10:59:09 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 11, 2020, 10:55:10 PM

Wasn't that the guy who was talking about the people who oppose him(?) being "pussies" just before the protest, and then was caught in a photo possibly pointing it at the driver in the car?
and

If so, he was a protestor and gets protestor qualified immunity of any fault he may have had. Like pointing a gun at someone. It was the other guys fault.

Except that's exactly what didn't happen. The guy who shot him got off without a warning.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on August 11, 2020, 11:15:26 PM

Wasn't that the guy who was talking about the people who oppose him(?) being "pussies" just before the protest, and then was caught in a photo possibly pointing it at the driver in the car?
and

If so, he was a protestor and gets protestor qualified immunity of any fault he may have had. Like pointing a gun at someone. It was the other guys fault.

Except that's exactly what didn't happen. The guy who shot him got off without a warning.

So did he or didnt  point gun at someone? Trying to get the straight story.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on August 11, 2020, 10:30:49 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on August 11, 2020, 05:38:38 PM
Only bad people with guns are shot down. Good people with guns are protected by plot armor.

Stand your ground.

That should have worked, since he was "white."  I dunno what went wrong.
It's inevitable.  Stand your ground, excessive prison sentences, roadside executions, all these policies have a goal, but they can only be so precise.  Sometimes a white guy is bound to be caught up in it.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: merithyn on August 11, 2020, 11:15:26 PM

If it's the same guy, they arrested him (and someone else who shot at him as he drove away) and then let him (and the other guy) go when this picture came out:

E:  Also, they can still charge him if they want.  He's not just 100% off the hook because they initially released him.

DGuller

What am I looking at?  I gather I should be focusing on something inside the red circle, but what exactly?

MadBurgerMaker

That guy with the hat on in the red circle is the one who got shot.  They're looking at (and I guess they've got some witness statements, for whatever that is worth) it to see if he was pointing it at the driver of that car when the driver shot him.  I think it's actually a still from a video, not just a photo.

E:  Also, rifle guy in the image did NOT shoot, from what I understand.  The driver shot him, then someone else in the crowd shot the car.  Like I said, they were both brought in and released.

Valmy

Yep. I mean you can smear the guy all you want but he was still shot dead in public. Probably wouldn't have happened if he wasn't a guy who thought carrying guns around was a good idea.

QuoteE:  Also, they can still charge him if they want.  He's not just 100% off the hook because they initially released him.

I am not holding my breath.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 11, 2020, 11:41:57 PM
That guy with the hat on in the red circle is the one who got shot.  They're looking at (and I guess they've got some witness statements, for whatever that is worth) it to see if he was pointing it at the driver of that car when the driver shot him.  I think it's actually a still from a video, not just a photo.

E:  Also, rifle guy in the image did NOT shoot, from what I understand.  The driver shot him, then someone else in the crowd shot the car.  Like I said, they were both brought in and released.

Yeah once the guy in the car opened fire on the rifle dude somebody else started shooting. Which is a great and totally safe thing to have happen with a big crowd of people around. Glad we have all these self styled upholders of truth and justice around with their guns.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on August 11, 2020, 11:18:19 PM
So did he or didnt  point gun at someone? Trying to get the straight story.

It is a he said/he said type situation. Witnesses say he didn't, the shooter said the guy did. Probably not going to get a straight story.

But is pointing your weapon at somebody mean you are fair game to be killed? But if you did it accidentally?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2020, 12:08:39 AM
Yep. I mean you can smear the guy all you want but he was still shot dead in public. Probably wouldn't have happened if he wasn't a guy who thought carrying guns around was a good idea.

It's what he said.  He also said he wasn't going to shoot at the cops because they would kill him, and is a piece of shit online.  If you want to know about the driver, he's supposedly a furry and is also a piece of shit online.  I don't know anything about the second shooter, except he was some sort of medic type trying to save rifle guy's life after shooting at the car, so that guy might be least shitbaggy person directly involved. 

I am not holding my breath.

We'll see.  The still image starts to back up driver's story though, with that rifle at least pointing at the car/car door (which it'll send a bullet through with no problem).  If it's a video, it may show more. 

QuoteBut is pointing your weapon at somebody mean you are fair game to be killed? But if you did it accidentally?

There are dorks that walk around open carrying rifles all the time, and there's not a bunch of stories about them getting blown away at Walgreens or whatever.  Don't point guns at people, or anything, unless you intend to use it.  Don't even come close to it.  Doing that can make people think you're a threat to their lives, which, yeah, can pretty easily get you shot.  Especially in already tense situations.

And if you're accidentally pointing it at people somehow while out in public, you aren't responsible enough to be carrying it around.  Take it home and put it away.   

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 12, 2020, 12:25:59 AMThere are dorks that walk around open carrying rifles all the time, and there's not a bunch of stories about them getting blown away at Walgreens or whatever.  Don't point guns at people, or anything, unless you intend to use it.  Don't even come close to it.  Doing that can make people think you're a threat to their lives, which, yeah, can pretty easily get you shot.  Especially in already tense situations.

And if you're accidentally pointing it at people somehow while out in public, you aren't responsible enough to be carrying it around.  Take it home and put it away.   

Which is exactly my point. Rifle guy readied his weapon thinking the driver was attacking the protest or something and let us just say he didn't provide much security.

But in any case this is the second case in this thread of guys pointing guns around and being shot for it. Just pointing out how those weapons are not, in fact, keeping them very safe.

Valmy

I guess you are immune to much of everything after you are dead.

It wasn't the other guys fault he may or may not have pointed a gun at him. It is that he shot him.

Zoupa

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy link=topic=11783.msg1257886#msg1257886 date=
Which is exactly my point. Rifle guy readied his weapon thinking the driver was attacking the protest or something and let us just say he didn't provide much security.

But in any case this is the second case in this thread of guys pointing guns around and being shot for it. Just pointing out how those weapons are not, in fact, keeping them very safe.

In driver's case, I bet they're trying to figure out if he went down there to start some shit (due to stuff that he posted online), and then happened to find it. He could very easily go to jail for this.  Then again, they've also got to consider where that thing was pointing.

Regardless, there have been lots of protests and gatherings and such where people were open carrying and nothing happened at all.  Pointing them at people or playing with them while in a crowd is pretty different from just having them.  I personally think it would be irritating and inconvenient to be carrying a rifle around all day just to protest or whatever, but some people feel differently. 

merithyn

Unless you're rich, white lawyers. Then you can point loaded guns at protesters with your finger on the trigger and the President will shill for you.  :smarty:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...