The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: grumbler on July 29, 2020, 10:00:14 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 28, 2020, 09:15:20 PM
How does white people murdering a white actress do that anyway?

Manson supposedly wanted the police to think that these murders (and that of Gary Hindman, killed by a Manson acolyte a couple of months before) were carried out by the Black panthers as part of the start of a race war.  There's a strong theory that the whole "Helter Skelter" thing was just an attempt to cover up that first a murder, not to start a race war.
Yeah there was all of the painting "Pigs" on the wall etc.

I wouldn't compare this with Manson because as you say I'm not really convinced by that explanation. To me it seems like old fashioned provocations/false flags.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

So, one of the guys leading the riots in Minneapolis a few months back turned out to be a member of a gang calling themselves the "Aryan Cowboys'.  Also affiliated with the Hell's Angels.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on July 29, 2020, 03:24:07 PM
So, one of the guys leading the riots in Minneapolis a few months back turned out to be a member of a gang calling themselves the "Aryan Cowboys'.  Also affiliated with the Hell's Angels.

Do they wear black stetsons with swastikas in the hatband?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on July 29, 2020, 06:48:49 PM

I dunno.  I'm getting the feeling this is one of those "Bikers for Trump" that the President is likes so much.  Very fine people don't you know?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

Quote from: Razgovory on July 29, 2020, 07:21:54 PM

I dunno.  I'm getting the feeling this is one of those "Bikers for Trump" that the President is likes so much.  Very fine people don't you know?

Sheilbh

:lol:
Quote"At one point last month, the president privately asked in a meeting if his people could organize more boater events and even inquired, "Are we polling the boaters yet?"
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on July 30, 2020, 03:44:28 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 29, 2020, 07:21:54 PM

Yeah, at least Putin's guy looks the part of strong henchman to a Bond villain.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Syt on August 01, 2020, 06:44:18 AM
Supercut of reactions (down south, by the accent) to a white guy holding a BLM sign: https://twitter.com/____zo_____/status/1288883000181219329?s=20

It's actually Harrison, Arkansas. Original video here: https://youtu.be/ltmlvk9GAto

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

I don't doubt that Arkansas is not the safe haven for racially tolerant people, but the problem with all these cut videos is that you have no idea how frequent that kind of response was.  Did every single person scream a racial obscenity, every fifth one, every twentieth, etc.?  I'm sure you can get some of these responses even in NYC if you wait long enough.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on August 01, 2020, 08:01:26 PM
I don't doubt that Arkansas is not the safe haven for racially tolerant people, but the problem with all these cut videos is that you have no idea how frequent that kind of response was.  Did every single person scream a racial obscenity, every fifth one, every twentieth, etc.?  I'm sure you can get some of these responses even in NYC if you wait long enough.

Not to mention how easy it would be to set up a friend to play a bigot.

These YouTube clips are fun entertainment, but no one should take them as news.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on August 01, 2020, 08:01:26 PM

That's a problem if you need to know with some precision what percentage of the fine citizenry of Harrison AR want to string up coons from lamp posts; otherwise just the raw number gives you a good indication that this is not a fringe.