The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on July 19, 2020, 10:55:46 AM
https://twitter.com/JustShay11/status/1284511497184583680?s=20

"You follow us, you will get shot!"

I thought that there was supposed to be a heavy police presence around these protests.  How can the police let these crimes happen right in front of them?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on July 19, 2020, 01:14:06 PM

I thought that there was supposed to be a heavy police presence around these protests.  How can the police let these crimes happen right in front of them?

This is so messed up. Anyone know what happened to the lady they "arrested"?

The Brain

I'm currently re-reading Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tamas on July 19, 2020, 01:42:16 PM
Quote from: grumbler on July 19, 2020, 01:14:06 PM

This is so messed up. Anyone know what happened to the lady they "arrested"?

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/jun/26/san-diego-police-say-investigation-into-controvers/
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/several-sdpd-officers-under-investigation-after-video-shows-woman-detained-in-unmarked-vehicle/2341885/

QuoteThe woman who was arrested has since been released after she posted bail.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

The last time I posted Baal, he never wrote back.  :(

fromtia

Don't fret you libtards. The gun people will protect the great Republic from this tyranny, I expect that concerned patriots will start patrolling immediately to prevent these government goons from interfering with the constitution and the bill of rights!
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

mongers

Quote from: fromtia on July 19, 2020, 07:14:19 PM
Don't fret you libtards. The gun people will protect the great Republic from this tyranny, I expect that concerned patriots will start patrolling immediately to prevent these government goons from interfering with the constitution and the bill of rights!

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/507976-federal-agents-deployed-to-portland-did-not-have-training-in-riot

QuoteFederal agents deployed to Portland did not have training in riot control: NYT

The federal agents deployed to Portland, Ore., amid nationwide protests did not have riot and mass crowd control training, according to an internal memo that was circulated at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and obtained by The New York Times.

The memo, compiled for acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf was dated for Thursday just as Wolf traveled to Portland to view firsthand the situation between protesters and federal authorities. The memo reportedly listed federal buildings and the officers deployed to defend them.

In addition, the memo suggested that should federal law enforcement be deployed to other U.S. cities that are experiencing unrest that, "if this type of response is going to be the norm, specialized training and standardized equipment should be deployed to responding agencies."

News of the memo comes as Tensions have escalated between law enforcement and demonstrators since the death of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man who was killed while in Minneapolis police custody in late May. The protests have dominated the Portland area for well over a month, and at times, have led to the damage of federal property.

These actions prompted Wolf to send federal officers to the Rose City to protect the buildings.

President Trump in June signed an executive order for the federal government to protect federal monuments throughout the country, prompting the response in Oregon.

Wolf in a statement Thursday described protesters as a "violent mob," though protests Thursday night were reported to be mainly peaceful.

The presence of the federal officers has been met with significant pushback from Oregon lawmakers.

"I told Acting Secretary Wolf that the federal government should remove all federal officers from our streets," Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D) tweeted Thursday. "His response showed me he is on a mission to provoke confrontation for political purposes. He is putting both Oregonians and local law enforcement officers in harm's way."

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler (D) tweeted about the situation on Tuesday, saying that he informed Wolf that "we do not need or want" assistance from federal officers.

The news also comes as reports of unidentifiable, camouflaged federal officers picking up and detaining protesters in unmarked vans have drawn ire from the state's congressional lawmakers.

Oregon Sens. Jeff Merkley (D) and Ron Wyden (D) and Reps. Earl Blumenauer (D) and Suzanne Bonamici (D) asked Friday for the events to be thoroughly reviewed by DHS.

"DHS and DOJ are engaged in acts that are horrific and outrageous in our constitutional democratic republic," Merkley said.

"First, they are deploying paramilitary forces with no identification indicating who they are or who they work for. Second, these agents are snatching people off the street with no underlying justification. Both of these acts are profound offenses against Americans," he said.

He added: "We demand not only that these acts end, but also that they remove their forces immediately from our state. Given the egregious nature of the violations against Oregonians, we are demanding full investigations by the Inspectors General of these departments."

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

They don't really care about that.  They just want thugs that can be relied upon to be brutal on command.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Zanza

Surely these states rights or anti-federal militias will now stand up and protect the peaceful civilians protesting from federal overreach. Right?

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on July 18, 2020, 12:26:45 AM
Supposedly the federal agents in Portland (who haven't been requested by the city, or have even met the mayor) are operating as part of PACT.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/07/01/dhs-announces-new-task-force-protect-american-monuments-memorials-and-statues#:~:text=WASHINGTON%E2%80%94%20Today,%20Acting%20Secretary%20of,,%20memorials,%20statues,%20and%20federal

QuoteDHS Announces New Task Force to Protect American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues

WASHINGTON— Today, Acting Secretary of Homeland Security, Chad F. Wolf, announced the establishment of the DHS rated."

:bleeding:
Bloody hell. And the sad thing is people will swallow this straight.
Ignorant hicks who never left Cousinfuck, Nowhere, actually believe there's gangs of dangerous anarchist communists roaming the streets attacking merca
██████
██████
██████