The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Is brand name butter worth shelling out the extra pennies for? :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 29, 2020, 12:59:26 PM
Certain brands. President springs to mind :mmm:

Shilling for the French butter industry?  :P  :frog:

HisMajestyBOB

I got some recently and it was identical to the old one, but without the Native American.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 29, 2020, 12:56:13 PM
Is brand name butter worth shelling out the extra pennies for? :unsure:

You can taste the Native American goodness in every bite of Land o' Lakes.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGRlrMu37lc

Two overweight white people point their weapons at demonstrators in front of the (Democratic) mayor's mansion.

The mayor is catching shit for publicizing names and addresses of people who called for defunding the police.

HVC

Valmy, they've come for your Golden Girls.  Hulu has pulled a blackface* episode.

*mud mask, but there's a quip about "we're not really black".
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2020, 03:37:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGRlrMu37lc

Two overweight white people point their weapons at demonstrators in front of the (Democratic) mayor's mansion.

The mayor is catching shit for publicizing names and addresses of people who called for defunding the police.

Well regulated militia and all that.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2020, 03:37:35 PM
Valmy, they've come for your Golden Girls.  Hulu has pulled a blackface* episode.

When did the Golden Girls become mine? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2020, 03:40:46 PM

You mentioned watching the show in the past so now in my mind it's linked you you hah
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

I love Golden Girls and have seen plenty of BLM activists kicking off about this. I don't think I've seen anyone ask for this about any TV show. It's weird.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2020, 03:44:26 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2020, 03:40:46 PM

You mentioned watching the show in the past so now in my mind it's linked you you hah

Ah well. I am not familiar with that episode so I hope it wasn't a very good one :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 29, 2020, 03:47:27 PM
I love Golden Girls and have seen plenty of BLM activists kicking off about this. I don't think I've seen anyone ask for this about any TV show. It's weird.

Really? Huh.

One of the things I don't like about streaming services is the ability to do this kind of post-editing. They will just drop episodes or scenes and it is like they have been removed from history. Disney has been doing that with the old Simpsons episodes I hear and it is kind of disconcerting I think.

Don't throw out your DVDs quite yet.

Sheilbh

That's my point. Corporations are doing this but I don't think anyone has been calling for it. As a BLM protestor put it, what part of "stop killing us" did you read as "remove Golden Girls episodes"? :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 29, 2020, 03:59:19 PM
That's my point. Corporations are doing this but I don't think anyone has been calling for it. As a BLM protestor put it, what part of "stop killing us" did you read as "remove Golden Girls episodes"? :lol:

The same part that we read as no more statues of slave owners.