The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on June 22, 2020, 07:01:58 AM
Quite some bravery in this girl protesting alone in a hick town. Apparently the local trogs heard busloads of antifa were going to come in to smash the place up so turned out in force against her.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/haz5fn/a_lone_young_woman_protests_with_a_blm_sign_while/

One thing I'm confused about is why bikers seem to be so represented amongst the anti BLM groups. They got involved in the statue defence idiocy here too. The last I heard of bikers being political was the anti Fred Phelps lot, but now they're the baddies?
Someone edited the town's Wikipedia page lol...

Bethel is a village in Clermont County, Ohio, United States composed of many, many racists
:lol:

In better times, this would have been in the Ohio thread.  :(

derspiess

Was waiting for the Bethel thing to get mentioned here :ph34r: :bleeding:

It's just east of the part of town where I live.  We had to play several football games in that crappy little town.  Not surprised at the ugliness there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2020, 12:54:02 PM
Hats off to the girl protestor.

I was in Chattanooga and I saw a black lives matter protest go down the main road in the center of town. 100% peaceful. However, someone/some group had put a bunch of signs "Keep CPD Funded" (I assume CPD is Chattanooga Police Department) on the road and painted on the sidewalk.

I think we are a few escalating incidents away from groups fighting in the streets. :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on June 22, 2020, 12:33:23 AM
Quote from: grumbler on June 22, 2020, 12:09:33 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 21, 2020, 11:55:18 PM
I don't see how one in any way follows from the other.  I mean, of course we should be focusing on eliminating racism, but how does that follow from race being a social construct?

Okay, you don't see it.  I can live with that.
Is there anyone other than you who understands this logic?  I'm just asking so that I know who to ask to explain it to me.

I think Grumbler is taking the position that a social construct isn't real.  While true a social construct doesn't exist outside the human mind, it does still exist.  Money is a social construct, but you will go hungry if you chose to ignore money matters.  The United States is a social construct, however denying it exists won't protect you from the United States executing you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on June 22, 2020, 01:21:53 PM
Quote from: DGuller on June 22, 2020, 12:33:23 AM
Quote from: grumbler on June 22, 2020, 12:09:33 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 21, 2020, 11:55:18 PM
I don't see how one in any way follows from the other.  I mean, of course we should be focusing on eliminating racism, but how does that follow from race being a social construct?

Okay, you don't see it.  I can live with that.
Is there anyone other than you who understands this logic?  I'm just asking so that I know who to ask to explain it to me.

I think Grumbler is taking the position that a social construct isn't real.  While true a social construct doesn't exist outside the human mind, it does still exist.  Money is a social construct, but you will go hungry if you chose to ignore money matters.  The United States is a social construct, however denying it exists won't protect you from the United States executing you.

And language exists, or it would be hard to explain how we communicate.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on June 22, 2020, 01:09:41 PM
I was in Chattanooga and I saw a black lives matter protest go down the main road in the center of town. 100% peaceful. However, someone/some group had put a bunch of signs "Keep CPD Funded" (I assume CPD is Chattanooga Police Department) on the road and painted on the sidewalk.

I think we are a few escalating incidents away from groups fighting in the streets. :(

Will you be with the blacks and midgets or with the whites?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4REO0pucYY8

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2020, 01:31:03 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 22, 2020, 01:09:41 PM

Will you be with the blacks and midgets or with the whites?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4REO0pucYY8

Almost all the protesters were white. It will be a riot between the woke snowflakes and retrograde rednecks.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Hey Speesh, what do you figure the Bethel cops were doing while that was going down?

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on June 22, 2020, 07:01:58 AM
One thing I'm confused about is why bikers seem to be so represented amongst the anti BLM groups. They got involved in the statue defence idiocy here too. The last I heard of bikers being political was the anti Fred Phelps lot, but now they're the baddies?
bikers as criminal gangs... well, most of them come the US.  The Hell's Angels are notorious for being white supremacists, although the club itself doesn't self-describe as racist.  Yet they have some exceptions.
To quote them:
Quoten another interview with leader Sonny Barger in 2000 he remarked "if you're a motorcycle rider and you're white, you want to join the Hell's Angels. If you black, you want to join the Dragons. That's how it is whether anyone likes it or not. We don't have no blacks and they don't have no whites."[73] When asked if that could change Barger replied "Anything can change, I can't predict the future."[73] Tobie Levingston who formed the black motorcycle club East Bay Dragons MC wrote in his book that he and Sonny Barger have a long-lasting friendship and that the Hells Angels and Dragons have a mutual friendship and hang out and ride together.[74]

The Bandidos hail from Texas, near Galveston, IIRC.  They first expanded throughout the South, and being self described badass rebels, I guess they adopted the policies of the other local clubs/gangsters they joined with.
A typicall biker rally:

So, not surprising at all that they would be on the forefront of such counter protests.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

QuoteFBI investigates after noose found in garage of Bubba Wallace, Nascar's only black driver
Driver has campaigned to ban Confederate flag at events
Alabama governor condemns 'mark this leaves on our state'

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on June 23, 2020, 06:02:11 AM
QuoteFBI investigates after noose found in garage of Bubba Wallace, Nascar's only black driver
Driver has campaigned to ban Confederate flag at events
Alabama governor condemns 'mark this leaves on our state'

Jesus Christ. Stay classy Alabama.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2020, 02:41:11 PM
Hey Speesh, what do you figure the Bethel cops were doing while that was going down?

Apparently, they were looking the other way while guys were getting sucker punched :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall