The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on June 06, 2020, 12:10:52 PM
I think there also has to be some acceptance that some of these things will trade lives for other goals.  I'm sure that if every cop drives around in full combat gear in armored vehicles, less of them will be killed in the line of duty than without those things, but cops coming home is not the one and only goal of policing.

Then you are ignorant of their/our general mindset. That is exactly what is in the forefront of their/our minds. It is drilled into their/our heads at the academies, training, even daily.

Not meaning to be snippy, just stating facts, however misguided or misinterpreted that mindset is.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

1. You want to demilitarize the police, then demilitarize the civilians. One of the key WTF moments for police departments was the LA Shootout. Just like Columbine was the WTF for active shooters.

2. Do away with police unions, guilds, etc.

3. Defund...dicey. What are you going to defund? See #1

4. Body cam yes. If not turned on or switched off. Immediately terminate.

5. Etc

6. Etc
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Some white people got truly inspired by BLM.

https://twitter.com/ashlea_robyn/status/1269014378289995777

Ashlea Simon
@ashlea_robyn
If black lives matter can protest then so can we, today we visited Westminster bridge, the Cenotaph and Downing street to stand up for those being demonized for the colour of their skin, white people.
#Whitelifematters #whitelivesmattertoo #BritainFirst

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on June 06, 2020, 02:15:48 PM
Some white people got truly inspired by BLM.

https://twitter.com/ashlea_robyn/status/1269014378289995777

Ashlea Simon
@ashlea_robyn
If black lives matter can protest then so can we, today we visited Westminster bridge, the Cenotaph and Downing street to stand up for those being demonized for the colour of their skin, white people.
#Whitelifematters #whitelivesmattertoo #BritainFirst

White people  :rolleyes:

11B4V

Admiral Yi

Kicking a cop in the shin is not a good idea.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 06, 2020, 02:42:18 PM
Kicking a cop in the shin is not a good idea.

Apparently nowadays it's OK. She's a hero.

Syt

Seems minor compared to what the cops are getting away with.
—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on June 06, 2020, 02:47:37 PM
Seems minor compared to what the cops are getting away with.

Kicking one cop for each protestor that gets pushed to the ground is not going to help the cause.

Valmy

It isn't that you should kick cops and not get in trouble but the reaction here seems a bit disproportionate. Besides how is taking somebody's property not a violation of the 5th Amendment to the Constitution? Isn't there supposed to be a trial before penalties are applied?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

The only thing confusing is the car tow. The rest of it seems like yeah that's what happens when you assault a police officer?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

In today's climate you have to be thankful that it didn't get TOWed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.