Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on June 05, 2020, 04:53:09 PM
Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2020, 04:51:27 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 05, 2020, 04:48:15 PM
Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2020, 04:46:27 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 05, 2020, 04:03:45 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 05, 2020, 03:54:38 PM
Cop securing woman grabs her boob. She tries to wrest free in reaction, gets nightsticked by cops for her insolence.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1268391718086422528?s=20

To call that a purposeful boob grab is diluting the cop abuse brand IMO.

It's pretty clear if you slow it down and watch it frame by frame.

Yea that's the main takeaway. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I understand this post. :mellow:

Figure it out.

Yeah, not really in the mood to play games like this and I don't actually care that much since it's just snark anyway.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2020, 04:55:30 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 05, 2020, 04:53:09 PM
Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2020, 04:51:27 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 05, 2020, 04:48:15 PM
Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2020, 04:46:27 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 05, 2020, 04:03:45 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 05, 2020, 03:54:38 PM
Cop securing woman grabs her boob. She tries to wrest free in reaction, gets nightsticked by cops for her insolence.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1268391718086422528?s=20

To call that a purposeful boob grab is diluting the cop abuse brand IMO.

It's pretty clear if you slow it down and watch it frame by frame.

Yea that's the main takeaway. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I understand this post. :mellow:

Figure it out.

Yeah, not really in the mood to play games like this and I don't actually care that much since it's just snark anyway.

Likewise
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 05, 2020, 03:13:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2020, 03:07:43 PM
Jesus Christ. Talk about tone deaf. Circle the wagons!

That's not circling the wagons.  That's saying it's on the commander who gave the order.

Is "I was just following orders" a defense post Nuremberg?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Brain on June 05, 2020, 04:57:10 PM

That's not circling the wagons.  That's saying it's on the commander who gave the order.

Only if intoxicated :)
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 05, 2020, 05:01:30 PM

Only if intoxicated :)

Drunk bosses rule. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on June 05, 2020, 04:51:56 PM
Got to say. As a white foreigner who has never had to deal with American cops, all these videos of police brutality is doing a lot to build empathy for black Americans and deep unease.  I hope I am not alone in this. The protests are working.

Yeah our director said "Black Lives Matter" are our department meeting today. Quite an accomplishment by the police to get the Texas bureaucracy to make a statement of principle like that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Zoupa on June 05, 2020, 04:47:54 PM
You guys need to get rid of the 2nd amendment. It'd take a lot of wind out of the cops sail when they argue "I feared for my life so I shot him".

Yep, only cops should have guns.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

At Nuremberg they generally prosecuted the ones giving the orders too.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on June 05, 2020, 04:41:03 PM
What follows is right on brand though. That's a lot of small-dick energy on display.

What do you consider to be an acceptable use of force?  Not intended to be facetious.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 05, 2020, 05:28:34 PM
What follows is right on brand though. That's a lot of small-dick energy on display.

What do you consider to be an acceptable use of force?  Not intended to be facetious.

Just review the French police's UoF during their recent riots in the last few years.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Quote from: Zoupa on June 05, 2020, 04:47:54 PM
You guys need to get rid of the 2nd amendment. It'd take a lot of wind out of the cops sail when they argue "I feared for my life so I shot him".

I am actually very, very happy at how non-violent the protesters have shown themselves to be. We have a lot of guns in the USA, and the riot cops have not been massacred en masse despite the dozens of recorded incidents of them abusing the protests. Bravo to the marchers.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: 11B4V on June 05, 2020, 05:30:47 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 05, 2020, 05:28:34 PM

Just review the French police's UoF during their recent riots in the last few years.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190501-live-france-may-day-protests-tight-security

More where that came from.

The Larch

There's been a BLM rally in Corbin, Kentucky (birthplace of KFC), a 97% white town that until now was mostly famous for a 1919 race riot in which all the town's black inhabitants were marched at gunpoint to a freight train and sent out of town, which remained white only until well into the XXth century. I'd say if even a place like that has BLM stuff going on then the movement is completely accepted into the US mainstream.

11B4V