The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

All you anti gun folks might want to go get a couple.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Are you suggesting we shouldn't trust you?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 03, 2020, 11:49:14 PM
Are you suggesting we shouldn't trust you?

You do as you feel. I know what side I will be on.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2020, 11:41:07 PM
All you anti gun folks might want to go get a couple.

I'd be more of a danger to myself than I would be to anyone else.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

German state minister for culture says that the Left, by pushing for a more gender neutral language and using "word creations like 'People of Color'" is shutting up not the discriminators but the moderate, democratic center. :mellow:

I thought POC was a pretty normal and accepted term, not a sign of POLTICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD RAWRRRH. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on June 04, 2020, 12:07:39 AM
German state minister for culture says that the Left, by pushing for a more gender neutral language and using "word creations like 'People of Color'" is shutting up not the discriminators but the moderate, democratic center. :mellow:

I thought POC was a pretty normal and accepted term, not a sign of POLTICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD RAWRRRH. :unsure:

People of color was a clunky, contrived attempt by Jessie Jackson to enlist the support of Asians in minority issues.  I don't hear it used much anymore.  It doesn't offend my anti-PC sensibilities.

Syt

Quote from: Maximus on June 03, 2020, 11:14:26 PM
These guys were in the line in DC tonight. No badge, insignia, uniform, or identifying info. Rumors said they are corrections officers. I dunno, I'm no expert but it seems a bad idea for a prison guard to have a knife strapped to his chest.
https://twitter.com/RSwirling/status/1268306757023121411?s=09

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1268277899989340161

QuoteGarrett Haake
@GarrettHaake
Shift change: National guard has been replaced with a different unit. One officer identified himself to protestors as being with "DOJ", another said he was from California, and one has a Bureau of Prisons patch on his vest. No name plates.

EDIT:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on June 03, 2020, 08:57:14 PM
So, I deliberately don't read his thread so that I don't have to deal with his bullshit. And yet here he is, bringing his bullshit into a thread that should have nothing to do with his dribble.

Please stop encouraging it here.

Unfortunately he is allowed post outside of his sandbox. I'd recommend in threads where it is likely he will come spewing trash to keep an eye out and left d'or who is posting and then just scroll on by.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on June 03, 2020, 11:17:44 PM
I wonder how many of these law enforcement guys are connected to right-wing militias.

In addition to their day job?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 04, 2020, 12:14:27 AM

People of color was a clunky, contrived attempt by Jessie Jackson to enlist the support of Asians in minority issues.  I don't hear it used much anymore.  It doesn't offend my anti-PC sensibilities.

I'd say it still gets used quite often. I just opened a guardian article by a contributor in Washington and its first sentence mentioned people of color.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

:(
https://twitter.com/mike_puterbaugh/status/1268409713177374723

QuoteThis man isn't a protester.  He was just a guy sitting at a traffic light when cops shot his car with a tear gas round. He got out to yell at them because his pregnant wife is in the vehicle. So they opened fire on them.

https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1268424260319449088
Quotepolice are beating random people who aren't even protesting because it's not about looting or rioting- it never was about order. this is collective punishment for daring to speak out against the police.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1268422273150652422
QuoteA police officer in California shot and killed a kneeling man after mistaking a hammer in the man's pocket for a gun, the authorities said. The man, Sean Monterrosa, who was Hispanic, was attempting to flee a Walgreens that was being looted.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2020, 12:41:26 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 04, 2020, 12:14:27 AM

I'd say it still gets used quite often. I just opened a guardian article by a contributor in Washington and its first sentence mentioned people of color.

I think its a lame and annoying term, but I guess we have to have one.

garbon

Tamas

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2020, 02:27:49 AM
It is nicer than non-whites.
Yeah, I think it's also a bit more self-explanatory than the UK term (similar to Jesse Jackson's intent) of "Political Blackness" - but which is a more difficult term now. I see people of colour used fairly regularly and it's making more headway in the UK than it was a few years ago.
Let's bomb Russia!