The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on June 03, 2020, 08:41:14 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2020, 08:37:39 PM

And it will fix nothing. Only make it come back worse.

We'll see.  The application of the "arrest everybody in sight" policy has quieted things down a lot.  The crowds were in the millions last year.  Now they are in low thousands. 

And if that doesn't work, the National Security Law will  ;)

Keep telling yourself that.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Monoriu

Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2020, 08:46:05 PM

Time will tell  :)  I remember all sorts of people predicting the demise of the party after Tiananmen.  It still looks strong to me after 30 years. 

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on June 03, 2020, 08:48:04 PM

Time will tell  :)  I remember all sorts of people predicting the demise of the party after Tiananmen.  It still looks strong to me after 30 years.

Still communists and still pieces of shit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

I don't remember that...but I do remember you announcing victory and going :showoff: for almost a year now yet there is no victory.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2020, 08:49:03 PM

:lol:  That's not the point.  The point is they are still in power :contract:

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2020, 08:50:24 PM
I don't remember that...but I do remember you announcing victory and going :showoff: for almost a year now yet there is no victory.

There will be no "signing a peace treaty on the Missouri" type victory for sure.  Victory is when people give up, and many already have, judging from the size of the crowds.  We have not won yet, but we are getting there. 

grumbler

You guys are just feeding the troll.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on June 03, 2020, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2020, 08:49:03 PM

:lol:  That's not the point.  The point is they are still in power :contract:

Still evil. And only still in power due to the absolute weakness and timidity of the people as a society.

merithyn

So, I deliberately don't read his thread so that I don't have to deal with his bullshit. And yet here he is, bringing his bullshit into a thread that should have nothing to do with his dribble.

Please stop encouraging it here.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on June 03, 2020, 08:53:05 PM

You guys are just feeding the troll.

Yes

PDH

Quote"Probably the only thing Barack Obama and I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world's most overrated General," Trump wrote. "I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about it. His nickname was 'Chaos', which I didn't like, & changed it to 'Mad Dog.' His primary strength was not military, but rather personal public relations. I gave him a new life, things to do, and battles to win, but he seldom 'brought home the bacon'. I didn't like his 'leadership' style or much else about him, and many others agree. Glad he is gone!"
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

fromtia

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 03, 2020, 07:41:43 PM

Fromagia thinks it's praiseworthy that public figures don't mention looting.

It's not that I think it's praiseworthy, it's that I think for my conservative friends here on Languish I'm drawing attention to some notable conservatives on the national stage who don't seem at all confused about what's happening. Mattis and Bush both specifically mention lawbreaking and looting but you'd have to have a wooden head to imagine that's what they think the primary problem is. They are explicit.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: fromtia on June 03, 2020, 09:05:14 PM
It's not that I think it's praiseworthy, it's that I think for my conservative friends here on Languish I'm drawing attention to some notable conservatives on the national stage who don't seem at all confused about what's happening. Mattis and Bush both specifically mention lawbreaking and looting but you'd have to have a wooden head to imagine that's what they think the primary problem is. They are explicit.

Whereas your conservative friends obviously think looting is the primary problem.

Maximus

These guys were in the line in DC tonight. No badge, insignia, uniform, or identifying info. Rumors said they are corrections officers. I dunno, I'm no expert but it seems a bad idea for a prison guard to have a knife strapped to his chest.
https://twitter.com/RSwirling/status/1268306757023121411?s=09

Razgovory

I wonder how many of these law enforcement guys are connected to right-wing militias.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017