The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Some commenters mentioned that it's obvious that, unlike medical staff, American police forces don't have to worry about a shortage of protective gear.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HisMajestyBOB

Lots of videos of police deliberately targeting press (CBS, etc) with rubber bullets and tear gas.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Brain

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 31, 2020, 09:47:55 AM
Lots of videos of police deliberately targeting press (CBS, etc) with rubber bullets and tear gas.

Turns out they are glue. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

merithyn

Portland was under curfew last night from 8pm - 6am. Lots of video footage of the "rioters" coming out. They're primarily anarchists and Proud Boys, with the obvious opportunists in the mix.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Police chief of Santa Cruz taking a knee:

Police in Fargo engaging with protesters:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

I was also really impressed by the leadership on display in Atlanta, from mayor and police chief and rappers.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

QuoteSTEPHANOPOULOS: Your own government is warning that domestic terrorists from the far-right are involved in these riots as well. It's not just antifa.

NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER O'BRIEN: "Listen, everything I've seen & the reports we're receiving is that this is antifa."

O'Brien on CNN: "No, I don't think there's systemic racism... 99.9% of our law enforcement officers are great Americans."
—Stephen Jay Gould

Oexmelin

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 31, 2020, 09:29:41 AM
Some of the footage is absolutely insane:
https://twitter.com/JulianCastro/status/1266929391013109774?s=20
https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1266952661791674370?s=20

Honestly it reminds me most of the way security/bouncers behave in a club. Just heavily armed.

Welcome to modern policing. Citizens are an enemy force to suppress.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

German camera team also had a run in with the police when they were trying to film what was happening to *another* media team:

https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1267119897806397442?s=20

(Deutsche Welle is government funded and broadcasts new in several languages: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Welle)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Oexmelin

Slate has, at long last, the correct headline:

« Police erupts in violence nationwide ».

Oexmelin

Also, culminating with the right's foaming at the mouth about antifa and conspiracy theories, Trump has tweeted that they would designate Antifa a terrorist organization...

Sheilbh

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 31, 2020, 11:57:09 AM
Also, culminating with the right's foaming at the mouth about antifa and conspiracy theories, Trump has tweeted that they would designate Antifa a terrorist organization...
Can't help but think of his response after Charlottesville.
Let's bomb Russia!