The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

As mentioned before, the police in Vienna is not known to have a leftish bias. Or centrist bias.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on May 30, 2020, 05:58:17 AM
As mentioned before, the police in Vienna is not known to have a leftish bias. Or centrist bias.

As opposed to the bleeding hearts cops are usually known for.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

News crew in Lousiville shot at with pepper bullets (there didn't seem to be anyone there but them): https://twitter.com/ChrisBishopL1C4/status/1266546753182056453?s=20

Denver Post photographer claims he was aimed at deliberately by police with pepper bullets: https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/29/denver-post-photographer-pepper-balls-george-floyd-protest/

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

https://twitter.com/OfficialMLK3/status/1266452438501949441
Quote from: Martin Luther King IIIMy father said, "A riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? ...It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on May 30, 2020, 08:05:13 AM
I hope the US would defeat the rioters  :bowler:

They are rioting because they are defeated.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Quote from: garbon on May 30, 2020, 08:09:55 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 30, 2020, 08:05:13 AM
I hope the US would defeat the rioters  :bowler:

They are rioting because they are defeated.

No.  They are only defeated if that ex-policeman can walk free  :menace:

Syt

Are you defending the policeman who killed the black man in his custody?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Monoriu

Quote from: Syt on May 30, 2020, 08:24:05 AM

No, but that's not important.  What is important is that the rioters are defeated :contract:

garbon

We know he is trash so yeah.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on May 30, 2020, 08:28:47 AM

Yes, I know he doesn't mind being a cog in the oppression machine, but it seemed low even for him.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Monoriu

We need to put politics aside and defeat the criminals  :bowler:

garbon

Quote from: Syt on May 30, 2020, 08:32:53 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 30, 2020, 08:28:47 AM

Yes, I know he doesn't mind being a cog in the oppression machine, but it seemed low even for him.

:lol:

I don't know I feel like it is in-line with his typical views. :(

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2020, 02:23:26 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on May 30, 2020, 02:20:41 AM
No, none of them needed a bailout. They took it though.

Why did they take it if they didn't need it?

And why does Lehman Brothers no longer exist, or Bear Stearns, or Washington Mutual?

How many trillions of profit did these banks that took the bailout or disappeared make in the 20 years prior to 2008?

Zoupa

Also can we give Mono a forced vacation from Languish?

He's getting more and more despicable. Plus when the commies finally get to HK he won't have access to Languish, so it'll train him.