The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

lol, Polish lawyers. :lol:

Marti's just enamored with the concept of racist Southern living, what with such fabulous gowns and matching parasols.  Oh, lace gloves!  I do declare! :flutter:

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 29, 2016, 06:40:44 AM
lol, Polish lawyers. :lol:

Marti's just enamored with the concept of racist Southern living, what with such fabulous gowns and matching parasols.  Oh, lace gloves!  I do declare! :flutter:

All he needs to do now is start pushing 2nd right to bear arms stuff, oh and buy a porsche.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2016, 01:20:29 AM
And my position is simply: if you want to protest something, there are hundreds of more worthy causes than the police shooting an armed violent convict.

11B4whatever is right to call you out on this.  The fact is irrelevant, and it's unlikely the police even knew about it.  Now the choice to shoot may have been correct, I don't know.  If the man was indeed waving a firearm and constituted a danger to the public then the police may not have had a choice.  But prior convictions don't come into this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2016, 12:34:44 AM
Incidentally, it's always interesting that every time the American public freaks out over police shooting, it turns out in the end that the victim is not so innocent as people originally thought.

Yeah, like that Tamir Rice convict.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Berkut on September 29, 2016, 08:21:35 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2016, 12:34:44 AM
Incidentally, it's always interesting that every time the American public freaks out over police shooting, it turns out in the end that the victim is not so innocent as people originally thought.

Yeah, like that Tamir Rice convict.

Of course, then there was this felon and convict that people freaked out over who the police shot 5 times in the head and chest:

I mean, he was a 6 year old autistic first grader, but certainly not nearly as innocent as he looks.

0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on September 29, 2016, 08:33:46 AM
I mean, he was a 6 year old autistic first grader, but certainly not nearly as innocent as he looks.

Would you trust him with your Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Berkut

0 rows returned

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on September 29, 2016, 07:28:23 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2016, 01:20:29 AM
And my position is simply: if you want to protest something, there are hundreds of more worthy causes than the police shooting an armed violent convict.

11B4whatever is right to call you out on this.  The fact is irrelevant, and it's unlikely the police even knew about it.  Now the choice to shoot may have been correct, I don't know.  If the man was indeed waving a firearm and constituted a danger to the public then the police may not have had a choice. But prior convictions don't come into this.

I think this notion will have Marty stumped.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2016, 10:19:13 AM
'I'm going to hit him': Dash-cam video shows officers tried to run over man before shooting him 14 times

This one has audio, so he can hear all 14 shots in their semi-automatic MAGAZINE-emptying wonder.

Quote"F— this guy," the officer says before aiming his police cruiser at the mentally ill homeless man that he and his partner had been sent out to confront. "I"m going to hit him."

"Okay, go for it. Go for it," his partner responds

Dafuq?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Hey, you can't have law and order without law and order.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Ok surely those guys will be sent to prison right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Maybe they were afraid someone else would steal the kill from them.