6 (27.3%)
Select songs (iTunes, etc.)
6 (27.3%)
New music suck (Jaron, etc.)
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Liep

Quote from: The Brain on August 07, 2014, 01:06:00 AM
Obviously I use Spotify. Buying albums? For reals?

The question was more how do you listen to new music not so much how you get by listening to it. But yes, Spotify is indeed awesome.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Monoriu

A favourite tactic of mine is to look at other people's playlists.  If I see some familiar songs on the playlist, I'll try to get a copy of it, then listen to each song on Youtube.  If I like it, I'll get a digital copy of the song.  Somehow  :ph34r:

CountDeMoney

One or two songs?  I expect nothing less from Generation Assburger. 

instant gratification + attention span of gnats = worst generation ever

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

I only buy CDs. I like albums, which is probably why I can't stand radio.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Maladict on August 07, 2014, 05:13:25 PM

Some songs only really make sense in the context of the other songs they are supposed to go with.

Another Brick in the Wall, Run Like Hell and Comfortably Numb are all great songs on their own, but you don't really get it unless you listen to the whole album.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 07, 2014, 05:18:48 PM
Quote from: Maladict on August 07, 2014, 05:13:25 PM

Some songs only really make sense in the context of the other songs they are supposed to go with.

Another Brick in the Wall, Run Like Hell and Comfortably Numb are all great songs on their own, but you don't really get it unless you listen to the whole album.

I largely agree with you, but sometimes a single will take on a significance all of it's own, separate from the album.

For instance 'Another Brick in the Wall' was released as a single in the months preceding my year leaving school, it became 'our' anthem.
And fitted well the first year of school children to 'graduate' into the developing wasteland of the Thatcherite/monetarist recession. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

I buy a lot of albums. Rarely from anybody new though
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Quote from: Liep on August 07, 2014, 03:35:19 PM
How old is mono?

The question is irrelevant. He's part of the hive.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on August 07, 2014, 03:35:19 PM
How old is mono?

Pretty old. Stereo pretty much became the norm by the late 60s
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I listen to a lot of albums at home, but for on the go I prefer mixed playlists.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Syt on August 08, 2014, 07:10:24 AM
I listen to a lot of albums at home, but for on the go I prefer mixed playlists.

Fair enough.  As much as Seedy's complaining about millennials and the instant gratification bug, he's conveniently ignoring the 70s-80s phenomenon of mix tapes.
Experience bij!