Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: alfred russel on July 27, 2016, 09:03:14 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on July 27, 2016, 08:58:00 PM
Were it not for severe professional implications, I might be all about pursuing Ukrainian matchmaking services.  They have them some HOTTies.  :blush:

Have you done a rent vs. buy analysis? I mean, why buy when you can rent at bargain basement prices.

No thanks, not into human trafficking.

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on July 27, 2016, 04:17:59 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 21, 2015, 08:05:33 AM
Is there still heavy fighting going on?  I don't recall hearing any news of any cities being captured in a very long time...

I was just asking myself that question.

Need to find a up to date analysis of the state of play, anyone read one recently?

According to my ukrainian colleague they're still regularly shooting at each other but not moving anywhere. Just doing their job

Though some locally famous guy died in the fighting recently. A pianist  iirc?
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Don't know about a pianist, but Pavel Sheremet, a journalist, was killed by a car bomb: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/21/world/europe/pavel-sheremet-kiev-car-bomb.html

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 27, 2016, 11:44:30 PM
Were it not for severe professional implications, I might be all about pursuing Ukrainian matchmaking services.  They have them some HOTTies.  :blush:

Have you done a rent vs. buy analysis? I mean, why buy when you can rent at bargain basement prices.

I am. Please send me your full color brochure.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Inhuman trafficking is so superior. :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

I think you impaired your ability to play the moralist when you were talking about rescuing a lady, probably out of your league in normal circumstances, from a war torn failed state on the condition that she sleeps with you/becomes your wife.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

The Georgian thing started during the olympics too, iirc. If the Russian team is going to get neutered in the Olympics, I guess Putin needs to find another venue of competition.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

Quote from: alfred russel on July 28, 2016, 10:25:28 AM

I think you impaired your ability to play the moralist when you were talking about rescuing a lady, probably out of your league in normal circumstances, from a war torn failed state on the condition that she sleeps with you/becomes your wife.

Not really, no.

Solmyr

Russia is accusing Ukraine of attacking the Crimea. Thread title might need an update for the year soon.

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on August 10, 2016, 03:28:34 PM
Russia is accusing Ukraine of attacking the Crimea. Thread title might need an update for the year soon.

Bastards!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Looks like the Russians are trying to get that last bit of territory before Hilary Clinton becomes President.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2016, 03:55:42 PM
Looks like the Russians are trying to get that last bit of territory before Hilary Clinton becomes President.

What makes you think it'll be the last.  They won't stop. 

Zanza

Quote from: dps on August 10, 2016, 04:25:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2016, 03:55:42 PM

What makes you think it'll be the last.  They won't stop.
This. They lost like 1/3 of their territory and almost 50% population when their empire collapsed in 1991. There is plenty more.