News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Egypt Plans Another Suez Canal

Started by jimmy olsen, August 05, 2014, 08:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

They have to roll a 6 to succeed at that cost.

Josquius

hey, I'd imagine with the current state of the Egyptian economy that labour costs wouldn't be too far above 19th century levels.

Though it does read a bit like a pyramid scheme.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Easier to just put a garden hose in the weapon-smuggling tunnels leading into Gaza, the digging's already done.

garbon

That said Boston is the better as result of Big Dig. So much nicer downtown.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

I think it is great that they are trying to do it.  It is good to enhance the capacity to move people and things around.  The good thing about infrastructure projects is that, once they have started pouring money in, it is kinda difficult to stop half-way.  Even if they run out of money, they'll just have to find more.  The initial price tag is often just to lure people in to get past the point of no return. 

KRonn

This is Egypt's new Pyramid project! It'll employ huge numbers of people easing some of the economic problems for many workers, and if works as being advertised it'll bring in a good deal of money when in use. Probably a very smart move by the current leadership to try and quell some of the political tension that's rocked Egypt.

KRonn

Pres Obama should have thought of this canal idea to put Americans back to work! There must be at least a few places to put in canals in the USA!    ;)

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on August 07, 2014, 09:30:16 AM
Pres Obama should have thought of this canal idea to put Americans back to work! There must be at least a few places to put in canals in the USA!    ;)

A second Erie Canal!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maximus

I don't think an ongoing, scaled-down version of the Civilian Conservation Corps would be a bad thing.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2014, 09:33:43 AM

A second Erie Canal!
We should build a second Panama canal, only this time inside US territory.

Valmy

We could build it along the US Mexican border!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

:hmm:  Would there be a wall involved?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on August 07, 2014, 10:01:25 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2014, 09:33:43 AM

A second Erie Canal!
We should build a second Panama canal, only this time inside US territory.

A moat to assist the border fence with mexico? The Tea Party approves of this use of Federal Funds.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jacob