News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How much data do you use?

Started by Josquius, August 01, 2014, 02:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much data do you use on your mobile phone?

I don't have a mobile
5 (14.7%)
I don't have a smart phone
5 (14.7%)
I'm too freaking lazy to check but still want to vote
0 (0%)
<100mb
5 (14.7%)
<200mb
4 (11.8%)
<500mb
1 (2.9%)
<1gb
4 (11.8%)
<3gb
6 (17.6%)
<5gb
1 (2.9%)
<10gb
1 (2.9%)
More than 10 gb
1 (2.9%)
It's a secret/wojtwohweohj/other
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Josquius

This is a poll actually created for a purpose. I'm looking into getting a new phone contract now I'm back in the UK but am unsure how big a plan I actually  need. As part of my research; how much do you use?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

2GB last month. I mostly use my phone to surf the web and listen to Spotify when I'm commuting or on the go, so 1-2 hours per day (at home I'm on WiFi).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

1 Gb (of which I tend to use 750-850 mb every month). But I mostly use it for messaging apps, and occasional internet browsing while on the subway or whatever. I don't do much data intensive stuff like Spotify or watching videos unless I'm on wifi.

Monoriu

I don't have a contract on my iphone.  I buy US$15 prepaid phone cards good for 6 months.  The iphone is used for making phone calls only.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

My work phone says 2.6GB for current period.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

I don't know. I ain't paying for it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

My plan gives me 4GB but I rarely use more than 1.I am almOst always on Wi-Fi.

CountDeMoney

Mine is 2GB, and I havent even hit .5 all month posting to this shitty board from the shitter all day.

merithyn

I average about 50mb a month. I'm primarily on WiFi.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on August 01, 2014, 02:59:52 AM
This is a poll actually created for a purpose. I'm looking into getting a new phone contract now I'm back in the UK but am unsure how big a plan I actually  need. As part of my research; how much do you use?

Don't get a new phone contract, do you want to be tied into recurring payments for the next 24 months ?

Especially as now there are some really competative PAYG deals about.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Was just talking to a woman here at work;  just found out that her teenage daughter burned up 3GB in data and 9,000 texts in July.

9,000 texts.  Pick up the fucking phone already.

Makes you wonder exactly how many characters that is.

LaCroix

1g is fine if you're somewhat conservative about data usage. you should only need more than 2g if you plan to frequently stream music or videos

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 01, 2014, 03:01:32 PM
Was just talking to a woman here at work;  just found out that her teenage daughter burned up 3GB in data and 9,000 texts in July.

9,000 texts.  Pick up the fucking phone already.

Makes you wonder exactly how many characters that is.

That's a small month for my kids.

Jackson is known for topping 25,000 texts/month. Riley does more.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on August 01, 2014, 02:52:24 PM

Don't get a new phone contract, do you want to be tied into recurring payments for the next 24 months ?

Especially as now there are some really competative PAYG deals about.

Traditionally I've used old too up phones and stuck to the same 5 pounds of credit for months if not years.
In japan though I learned the wonder of smartphones. Having the internet everywhere is great.
██████
██████
██████