News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How vice ruined your ambitions

Started by Brazen, June 11, 2009, 03:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

What's the deal with Money anyway? You know what I'm talking about.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Supposedly, that was my second word.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: garbon on June 12, 2009, 02:18:18 PM
Supposedly, that was my second word.

1. Daddy
2. Money

yep sounds about right. :p
:p

PDH

Well, I went to the university, learned that drinking and partying was fun, going to school wasn't...and flunked out.

I went back after 2 years and learned that I could go to school and do really good.

Vice ruined nothing, I got my time as a reprobate, and then I learned something - so it worked out for me. Nyah, nyah, nyah.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 12, 2009, 10:42:09 PM
1. Daddy
2. Money

yep sounds about right. :p

:Embarrass:

I was doomed from birth.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2009, 11:30:51 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 12, 2009, 07:30:44 AM
Now that I think about it, my biggest ambition when I was 5 was to combine a metal detector and a vacuum cleaner, and then grab all the coins at the bottom of wells/pools.
Seriously Mono, you're becoming a caricature of yourself. You can't be serious.

Why not?  That was my first thought when I asked my dad why the stupid people were throwing coins into fountains.  You've got hundreds of millions of people throwing coins into all sorts of water bodies.  These add up. 

Saladin

Quote from: PDH on June 12, 2009, 11:20:24 PM
Well, I went to the university, learned that drinking and partying was fun, going to school wasn't...and flunked out.

I went back after 2 years and learned that I could go to school and do really good.

Vice ruined nothing, I got my time as a reprobate, and then I learned something - so it worked out for me. Nyah, nyah, nyah.

I should have followed your advice.