Looking for a Lap Top that could play Dragon Age 3?

Started by Queequeg, July 29, 2014, 12:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Around 500?  You might be able to get something that will play it... on reduced graphics at 20 FPS, if you're lucky.

For current-gen gaming with any appreciable performance, you're looking around the 800-1,000 bracket.
Experience bij!

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2014, 07:44:35 PM
Hahaha.

Double your budget & buy an alienware.
triple the budget, for an Alienware, I think.

@Quee
Acer has decent gaming laptops, but expect to pay around 1000$ for a middle-end machine.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Norgy

Buying a laptop for playing graphics-intensive games sounds like a poor idea. Unless you really, really need mobility.

garbon

Quote from: Norgy on August 02, 2014, 10:41:32 AM
Buying a laptop for playing graphics-intensive games sounds like a poor idea. Unless you really, really need mobility.

Like say when someone is moving abroad?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Norgy

:blush:

It'd seem like a reasonable idea then, yes.
Then again, you can buy computers: Outside of America.