And we're back!

Main Menu

New York City is America's unhappiest town

Started by garbon, July 25, 2014, 04:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Was he: working as a waitress in a cocktail bar. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 29, 2014, 06:55:27 AM
Was he: working as a waitress in a cocktail bar. :)

Liking that song as a child should have been a clue up the bitch that was to come. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Also, I was just reading a thing about New York things and I think these few struck me as reasons we are so unhappy. :blush:

3. You rush everywhere even if you have no reason to.
4. You get sidewalk rage because people walk too slowly.

11. You can bump into someone when you're walking and not take the time to say "sorry."
16. You no longer smell that "hot trash" smell. That's just a normal smell.
28. You ~cannot~ walk as slow as everyone else does when you travel outside New York.
30. You feel the specific anger of waiting in line to swipe at the subway turnstile behind someone who DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO SWIPE.
41. You think, Awwww! instead of Ewwww when you watch a pair of rats chase each other on the subway tracks.
43. You've earnestly said, "I'd kill for laundry in my building."
53. You slam your fist onto a cab's hood and yell at them to fuck off when they're about to hit you.
54. You've seen a homeless guy jerking off onto an ATM at the Chase on Smith between Baltic and Warren and been completely unfazed by it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote54. You've seen a homeless guy jerking off onto an ATM at the Chase on Smith between Baltic and Warren and been completely unfazed by it.

Fight the power.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

You really shouldn't be watching people when they use an ATM.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

LaCroix

Quote from: alfred russel on July 28, 2014, 10:37:04 PMOur immigrant ancestors came to America from a lot of different circumstances, but in general I think it is safe to say the risk and hardship most of them accepted was a lot less than we would face today if we were to do something like move to the Dakotas.

you do realize both dakotas have a city of 100,000 people, right?  :huh:

alfred russel

Quote from: LaCroix on July 29, 2014, 08:22:41 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on July 28, 2014, 10:37:04 PMOur immigrant ancestors came to America from a lot of different circumstances, but in general I think it is safe to say the risk and hardship most of them accepted was a lot less than we would face today if we were to do something like move to the Dakotas.

you do realize both dakotas have a city of 100,000 people, right?  :huh:

There are apparently many things I didn't realize. Most important being that when you reference the population of a city in the Dakotas, it should be bolded and underlined.   :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)