And we're back!

Main Menu

Donald Trump ousts Prejean as Miss California

Started by garbon, June 10, 2009, 03:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2009, 10:02:24 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 10, 2009, 09:59:37 PM
Also, given that California voted for prop 8 one could argue that she does represent the majority opinion in California.

Yep...entire = majority. :)

What I'm saying is that representing the entire state is impossible.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on June 10, 2009, 10:05:56 PM
Yep... "entire" = meaningful when it comes to opinions.  :)
The opinions of beauty pageant contestants are important when thinking about social issues. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 10, 2009, 10:06:48 PM
What I'm saying is that representing the entire state is impossible.

"I believe whether or not gays should marry is an important question of civil rights and that there's a lot of sides to consider on the issue, so we shouldn't rush into any decision too quickly."

C'mon Tim, you should be fluent at Nonanswer English after reading a few arguments on Languish. ;)
Experience bij!

Martinus

Tim is stupid. Why do you guys torment him about his disability?

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on June 10, 2009, 03:26:28 PM
Wasn't she fired because she refused to do appearances as Miss California or some shit....?

Eh, who cares, she'll definitely have a career of some sort anyway.
That's the reason I saw reported - she wasn't doing her pageant stuff, and was too involved elsewhere. Trump supported her after the original issue. That issue was when a pageant judge, homosexual blogger Perez Hilton asked her about gay marriage. Her answer was that she believed in traditional marriage - a horror in today's world I know, but it was just her seemingly reasonable opinion.

The judge is a celeb blogger in the gay community and had some real nasty things to say after that. And then Prejean had some odd things to say later on, like being tempted by Satan to not speak her views when asked by the judge. She was then getting involved in marriage issue groups so I figured that she'd eventually over step her pageant stuff and be on thin ice, which appears the case now.

Fate

Seems like she's well on the road to becoming the next GOP Vice Presidential candidate.

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on June 11, 2009, 09:30:25 AM
That's the reason I saw reported - she wasn't doing her pageant stuff, and was too involved elsewhere. Trump supported her after the original issue. That issue was when a pageant judge, homosexual blogger Perez Hilton asked her about gay marriage. Her answer was that she believed in traditional marriage - a horror in today's world I know, but it was just her seemingly reasonable opinion.

The judge is a celeb blogger in the gay community and had some real nasty things to say after that. And then Prejean had some odd things to say later on, like being tempted by Satan to not speak her views when asked by the judge. She was then getting involved in marriage issue groups so I figured that she'd eventually over step her pageant stuff and be on thin ice, which appears the case now.

Yeah I knew all of the background details. :P

But my point is that I doubt she really cares she got dethroned... the whole point of competing in a beauty pageant is to use it as a stepping stone to greater things (e.g. Kathi Lee Gifford, Vanessa Williams, Phyllis George) and get noticed.  Prejean has certainly "gotten noticed", so I don't think this will hurt her one bit.  I mean, look at Vanessa Williams, who was also dethroned.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Fate on June 11, 2009, 10:07:15 AM
Seems like she's well on the road to becoming the next GOP Vice Presidential candidate.
Jindal-Prejean has a nice ring to it. :)

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on June 11, 2009, 12:18:34 PM

But my point is that I doubt she really cares she got dethroned... the whole point of competing in a beauty pageant is to use it as a stepping stone to greater things (e.g. Kathi Lee Gifford, Vanessa Williams, Phyllis George) and get noticed.  Prejean has certainly "gotten noticed", so I don't think this will hurt her one bit.  I mean, look at Vanessa Williams, who was also dethroned.
Oh yeah, she'll do fine in some business area.

Caliga

Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 10:09 AMTo: Keith LewisSubject: Re: Messages

Ok then I expect you to provide security per my request like you agreed to provide

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

---

From: "Keith Lewis"Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:10:25 -0700To: <cprejeanXXXX>Subject: RE: Messages

Carrie,

Although I do not agree with your directive nor is this letter an indication of our intent to waive our contract rights, we do not want to escalate the situation with you. In good faith, we will simply ask that you provide us all of the details so that we can block it in on our master calendar. We would also want to get the contact information should something come up - like you become missing after the event or you are in an accident before the event and need us to reach out for you. It is for your safety and our responsibility.

Best regards,

Keith Lewis

---

From: cprejeanXXXXSent: Friday, May 29, 2009 7:57 AMTo: Keith LewisSubject: Re: Messages

You do not cooperate with me, and you pick and chose the the things YOU want me to do. That is not happening anymore. Stop speaking for me. I have MY own voice. What are u gonna do fire me for volunteering for the special olympics hahaha ur crazy No I am doing this appearance. You do not need details. Its for the SPECIAL OLYMPICS!!! You just need to know I will be doing it alright

You will not facilitate this appearance

---

From: "Keith Lewis"Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 08:01:35 -0700To: <cprejeanXXXX>Subject: RE: Messages

Carrie,

As we have discussed, there is proper protocol and we have not waived our rights in any way to your contract. I am happy to try and facilitate the request. Please forward over the information along with the proper contact and we will try and confirm the appearance right away.

Best regards,

Keith Lewis

---

From: cprejeanXXXXSent: Friday, May 29, 2009 7:40 AMTo: Keith LewisSubject: Re: Messages

I expect you to be forwarding me ALL email requests and interview requests to me. I know how you are and its not right if you are selecting things for me. Thanks for your cooperation And fyi I am a presenter of medals at the special olympics in a few weeks for the summer games. So now u know I am doing this and I expect your full support. Also I was asked to fill in for a dj on a local radio show.. Ill be reading from a show biz script monday. I am doing this

---

From: "Keith Lewis"Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 07:49:07 -0700To: <cprejeanXXXX>Subject: RE: Messages

Carrie,

I have given you the details completely. Perhaps it is not something you would like to partake in, either way, you can let me know and I will respond to them today.

Best regards,

Keith Lewis

---

From: cprejeanXXXXSent: Friday, May 29, 2009 7:42 AMTo: Keith LewisSubject: Re: Messages

Just as you need details for things so do I. Also nice move trying to make money off of my appearances Also.. Do not try and silence me by saying I do not have a comment about the prop 8 ruling. Maybe you don't. I do

---

From: "Keith Lewis"Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 07:43:45 -0700To: <cprejeanXXXX>Subject: RE: Messages

Carrie,

It is for a general meeting – please see the explanation below.

Best regards,

Keith Lewis

---

From: cprejeanXXXXSent: Friday, May 29, 2009 7:38 AMTo: Keith LewisSubject: Re: Messages

What is this for?

---

From: "Keith Lewis"Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 07:19:18 -0700To: Carrie Prejean<cprejeanXXXX>Subject: FW: Messages

Carrie,

The Style Network has asked to schedule a general meeting. Generals in the entertainment field are an opportunity for casting and producing executives to gain a better understanding of a potential talents range and demeanor in order to consider them for future projects. They are done without a specific agenda. I have had great success with my actors who have taken generals and would suggest you give it strong consideration. You never know where it may lead and sometimes they develop entire shows around you. The following days are available to meet with them here in LA. Please let me know as soon as possible if any of them work for you.

Best regards,

Keith Lewis

garbon

Caliga

derspiess

Looks like the new Miss California has pretty much the same views

:nelson @ Perez Hilton
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2009, 03:27:58 PM
:nelson @ Perez Hilton

Why would anyone waste their energy having anything to do with said...person? :huh: