News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Undershirts and fashion

Started by alfred russel, July 16, 2014, 08:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 17, 2014, 01:36:07 PM
You should try taking a shower.  With proper application of soap and a steady stream of running water the dirt from your skin is fairly easily removed.  Failing that you can always wash your shirts after wearing them so as to remove the dirt accumulated from being worn.  Eventually you will need to purchase a new shirt but you should do that anyway.
:hmm: Sounds like you need to do both of those things regularly, so I'm not sure how that's an improvement over an undershirt.  The advantage of an undershirt is that you have to buy it once, and you're set until you have to buy another one in a year.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on July 17, 2014, 02:30:00 PM
You should try taking a shower.  With proper application of soap and a steady stream of running water the dirt from your skin is fairly easily removed.  Failing that you can always wash your shirts after wearing them so as to remove the dirt accumulated from being worn.  Eventually you will need to purchase a new shirt but you should do that anyway.
:hmm: Sounds like you need to do both of those things regularly, so I'm not sure how that's an improvement over an undershirt.  The advantage of an undershirt is that you have to buy it once, and you're set until you have to buy another one in a year.

Yes, I do shower regularly.  Hence the lack of need to protect my shirts from dirt.

Zanza

I sometimes wear an undershirt, especially in winter or in places with heavy A/C. But I change that and the overshirt everyday, so it only increases the amount of laundry...

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on July 17, 2014, 02:37:17 PM
I sometimes wear an undershirt, especially in winter or in places with heavy A/C. But I change that and the overshirt everyday, so it only increases the amount of laundry...

I keep a sweater in my office for the days I need a bit more warmth. 

Zanza

Sweaters look silly with a jacket if your wear a suit.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 17, 2014, 02:30:00 PM

Do your shirts fall apart in less than a year if you wear them without an undershirt? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2014, 12:34:06 AM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 17, 2014, 12:30:29 AM
I wear A-Shirts.  Otherwise known as vests (UK?) or unfortunately wife-beaters.

See, I don't get that.  Part of the purpose--at least for me-- of an undershirt is to help with containing perspiration, saving your dress shirt from an ugly death from armpit stains.  Wifebeaters defeat that concept.

Agreed on all points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on July 17, 2014, 03:17:00 PM

Yeah, that is why only only wear it in my office.

If I need to meet with a client I just take it off. If I am in court I have my robes on.  I dont need to wear an undershirt to be warm.

CountDeMoney

You pigs should be dumping your undershirts and white dress shirts every year anyway.

derspiess

Not all of us can afford to be that wasteful.  Some of us have families, you know.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 17, 2014, 04:08:15 PM

If I need to meet with a client I just take it off. If I am in court I have my robes on.  I dont need to wear an undershirt to be warm.

Know whaty I hate? Hot stuffy courtrooms. In Toronto, that means 'most of them'.

I'm not often in court, but when I am, half the time I'm sweltering in my robes.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2014, 04:30:46 PM
Not all of us can afford to be that wasteful.  Some of us have families, you know.

I'm sure they'll work out the damage from Daddy's dirty undershirts in therapy.

Ring around the collar leaves stains, not just on the shirt, but on the psyche.  Those you just cant Shout out, my friend.

alfred russel

Quote from: alfred russel on July 17, 2014, 01:16:48 PM
1 who was too obese and double chinned to make an assessment

Update: I saw this guy again and he seemed not to have an undershirt on at all, though it is possible he had a well concealed v neck.

I've failed to make a full survey, but informally think a slight majority of men wore crew neck undershirts.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on July 17, 2014, 04:33:55 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 17, 2014, 04:08:15 PM

Know whaty I hate? Hot stuffy courtrooms. In Toronto, that means 'most of them'.

I'm not often in court, but when I am, half the time I'm sweltering in my robes.

Yep, one day I hope to be a QC so I can wear the Silks rather than the heavy wool.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2014, 04:37:04 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2014, 04:30:46 PM

I'm sure they'll work out the damage from Daddy's dirty undershirts in therapy.

Ring around the collar leaves stains, not just on the shirt, but on the psyche.  Those you just cant Shout out, my friend.

I'm sure that probably all makes sense when you tell it to your cats.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall