And we're back!

Main Menu

Political Quiz - Where do you fall?

Started by merithyn, July 02, 2014, 02:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: celedhring on July 03, 2014, 11:07:41 AM
I got... Solid Liberal

Generally affluent and highly educated, most Solid Liberals strongly support the social safety net and take very liberal positions on virtually all issues. Most say they always vote Democratic and are unflagging supporters of Barack Obama. Overall, Solid Liberals are very optimistic about the nation's future and are the most likely to say that America's success is linked to its ability to change, rather than its reliance on long-standing principles. On foreign policy, Solid Liberals overwhelmingly believe that good diplomacy – rather than military strength – is the best way to ensure peace.

However, 80% of the questions I would've answered "neither". I picked up the liberal option most of the time basically because I agreed on principle, but not in the absolute terms posited.

Same on all points.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Maximus

Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2014, 08:02:09 AM
to get over 90% score for any of the parties or below 20% for any other party you specifically need to know what the party polices are and pic accordingly. Its the americans which are gettting super high and super low scores for the parties. Europens are scoring much more balanced scores, this might be due to us yooroos not understanding what the myRA is or other stuff.

Not at all. I answered as honestly as possible. Of course I made quite a few custom options which probably pushed me to the left.

Maximus

Got next gen left in the other quiz. God I hate binary choices.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2014, 08:02:09 AM
to get over 90% score for any of the parties or below 20% for any other party you specifically need to know what the party polices are and pic accordingly. Its the americans which are gettting super high and super low scores for the parties. Europens are scoring much more balanced scores, this might be due to us yooroos not understanding what the myRA is or other stuff.

Naw, I have no idea what specific policies US parties have.  I just answered the questions as if they applied to Canadian politics.  Given how the policies on which all our parties agree differ so greatly from American political parties it is not surprising I would end up so clearly on the left of the American spectrum.

Norgy

Quote from: Maximus on July 03, 2014, 12:39:35 PM
Got next gen left in the other quiz. God I hate binary choices.

I agree. There are degrees and shades of grey. Unsurprisingly, I ended up as a Solid Liberal, whatever that is.

Neil

Your best fit is...
Faith and Family Left
along with 15% of the public.

The Faith and Family Left combine strong support for activist government with conservative attitudes on many social issues. They are very racially diverse – this is the only typology group that is "majority-minority." The Faith and Family Left generally favor increased government aid for the poor even if it adds to the deficit and believe that government should do more to solve national problems. Most oppose same-sex marriage and legalizing marijuana and most say religion and family are at the center of their lives. Compare groups on key issues.
Well, except for the faith part.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

I got... Solid Liberal

However, 80% of the questions I would've answered "neither". I picked up the liberal option most of the time basically because I agreed on principle, but not in the absolute terms posited.

Same, and agreed.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: Savonarola on July 03, 2014, 09:48:08 AM
Here's a test from the Pew Research Center which has typology rather than party results:  http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-typology/

My type is responsible for the Armenian Genocide:

QuoteYour best fit is...

Young Outsider

This relatively young, largely independent group holds a mix of conservative and liberal views. And while more lean toward the Republican Party than the Democratic Party, Young Outsiders generally express unfavorable opinions of both major parties. They are largely skeptical of activist government, as a substantial majority views government as wasteful and inefficient. Yet many diverge from the two conservative typology groups – Steadfast Conservatives and Business Conservatives – in their strong support for the environment and many liberal social policies.

The name amuses me in that I'm neither young nor alienated.   :)

The test is never wrong: I'm a Solid Liberal, which means I'm well-educated and affluent. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Syt on July 03, 2014, 01:18:34 PM
I got... Solid Liberal

Same, and agreed.
I wasn't that fased, since there was usually one position that I was closer to than the other.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

I started up on the Pew thingy.  I got to Q4, the one about overwhelming military force and decided the choices were too silly to continue.

Valmy

Yeah the questions are typically like:

1. Government should dominate society with the centralized control akin to a Soviet Central Committee.

2. Government has zero role to play in society Anarchy4EVA!!

and you have to decide which position you marginally lean towards.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on July 03, 2014, 01:59:23 PM
Yeah the questions are typically like:

1. Government should dominate society with the centralized control akin to a Soviet Central Committee.

2. Government has zero role to play in society Anarchy4EVA!!

and you have to decide which position you marginally lean towards.

I dunno.  I feel your test would be pretty accurate.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sophie Scholl

Solid Liberal in the Political Typology Quiz.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ideologue

Kinemalogue