News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Political Quiz - Where do you fall?

Started by merithyn, July 02, 2014, 02:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: Ideologue on July 03, 2014, 01:33:32 PM
The test is never wrong: I'm a Solid Liberal, which means I'm well-educated and affluent. :)

Unfortunately "Lumpen Proletariat" wasn't a possible outcome.   ;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on July 03, 2014, 01:59:23 PM
Yeah the questions are typically like:

1. Government should dominate society with the centralized control akin to a Soviet Central Committee.

2. Government has zero role to play in society Anarchy4EVA!!

and you have to decide which position you marginally lean towards.

Based on the results posted here, the test looks fairly accurate to me (certainly more than the last one as I am never voting Green.)  I find Pew's thesis on analysis of political outlook based on a "Type" and the types they describe interesting.  I think it accurately identifies the split in the Republican party as well as helps explains many of the Democrats I've met who agree with none of the Democrats social agenda.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock