And we're back!

Main Menu

Mensa Starts Dating Site

Started by jimmy olsen, June 25, 2014, 10:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on June 26, 2014, 01:09:31 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 26, 2014, 01:07:55 PM
I took some IQ tests back when I was in the mental ward.  They were just a number.

The first sentence is probably not one you want to start a dating profile with.  :hmm:

I no longer care.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 26, 2014, 01:04:39 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on June 26, 2014, 01:01:34 PM
I've read that 2/3 of Mensa's members are male.  That might pose some demographic challenges for a dating site.

Probably a much more balanced ratio than most dating sites. :P

Huh this was largely true in like 2001 but by 2006 and 2007 when I was doing it a second time it was pretty balanced.  So...maybe your info is a little outdated.  Or maybe mine is and all  women have left the internet  since 2007 or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on June 26, 2014, 01:15:54 PM
I've read that 2/3 of Mensa's members are male.  That might pose some demographic challenges for a dating site.

Huh this was largely true in like 2001 but by 2006 and 2007 when I was doing it a second time it was pretty balanced.  So...maybe your info is a little outdated.  Or maybe mine is and all  women have left the internet  since 2007 or something.

:ph34r:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Yeah, no kidding. After a bunch of suggestions, I finally decided to join the herd in the dating app game. I heard this app called grindr was popular among men, but I don't see why. Total sausage fest.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on June 26, 2014, 10:19:01 AM
I'd be curious to see what my IQ is.  Might be an interesting conversation point, if I score high.

You know a fair few people on Languish don't seem to get your sense of humour, which is a pity, for them.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Quote from: mongers on June 26, 2014, 01:34:38 PM
I'd be curious to see what my IQ is.  Might be an interesting conversation point, if I score high.

You know a fair few people on Languish don't seem to get your sense of humour, which is a pity, for them.

Humor? DGuller? :huh:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Then there are those that get it and feel like mocking him anyway.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

OTOH, Dorsey just stole one of his jokes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on June 26, 2014, 11:01:35 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2014, 10:56:49 AM
Now that's a good one for breedin' with :lol:

I'm not saying she is brilliant, but she is a college grad and holds down a professional job.

Lol.

:(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on June 26, 2014, 01:22:00 PM

Yeah, no kidding. After a bunch of suggestions, I finally decided to join the herd in the dating app game. I heard this app called grindr was popular among men, but I don't see why. Total sausage fest.
:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

Is 131 high or low.

The Army says my GT score is 131, which is supposed to be an IQ test.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

merithyn

Quote from: Siege on June 26, 2014, 10:30:40 PM
Is 131 high or low.

I'd say that proves that the IQ test is kind of useless....
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

sbr

Quote from: merithyn on June 26, 2014, 10:45:04 PM
Is 131 high or low.

I'd say that proves that the IQ test is kind of useless....

alfred russel

Oh fuck yeah! I was just checking out the Mensa site and while they don't take SAT scores, they do take GMAT scores! I'm going to join Mensa.*  :yeah:

*I might never get around to this.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Savonarola

Is 131 high or low.

IQ is supposed to have a median value of 100 and a standard deviation of 15.  That means you have an IQ higher than 98% of the population.

(I believe the median is actually a little higher now and the standard deviation is smaller; but that should be roughly correct.  You are Mensa material!)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock