Started by jimmy olsen, June 25, 2014, 10:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2014, 10:41:14 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 26, 2014, 10:39:29 AM
I'm struggling to remember if you have ever defined any chick as "Hott".  :hmm:

A plethora.

Colour me corrected, then.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on June 26, 2014, 10:19:01 AM
I'd be curious to see what my IQ is.  Might be an interesting conversation point, if I score high.

Everyone scores high though. Based on conversation at least.

Though I did know a girl who once told me her IQ was 74.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on June 26, 2014, 10:53:21 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 26, 2014, 10:19:01 AM
I'd be curious to see what my IQ is.  Might be an interesting conversation point, if I score high.

Everyone scores high though. Based on conversation at least.

Though I did know a girl who once told me her IQ was 74.

Now that's a good one for breedin' with :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2014, 10:56:49 AM

I'm not saying she is brilliant, but she is a college grad and holds down a professional job.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Our computer science teacher in junior high used to blab on about how she scored low on an IQ test as if it invalidated the concept of a measured IQ.  Thing is, though she was well-trained on computer stuff she otherwise came across as a bit dim.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on June 26, 2014, 11:01:35 AM

I'm not saying she is brilliant, but she is a college grad and holds down a professional job.

Yeah, well same with my sister in law :ph34r:

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2014, 11:09:38 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 26, 2014, 11:01:35 AM

Yeah, well same with my sister in law :ph34r:

I hope you aren't breedin' with her.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on June 26, 2014, 09:12:29 AM
I don't get the hate for Mensa.  There is nothing snobby about it, it's just a club where you can discuss things with other intelligent people, and take a break from Languish.

:lol:

Yes, it is snobby. At least, every person I've ever known (which has been far too many) who was a regular at Mensa meetings was an absolute intellectual snob who felt the need to tell everyone around them that they were in Mensa and how smart they were.

Oh... right.... to you that's the norm... nevermind. Carry on. :)

;)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

FWIW, I qualified for Mensa in college, but never sent in the cash for the membership. I thought it was rather stupid then, and my opinion has never really gone up much for it.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Savonarola

I've read that 2/3 of Mensa's members are male.  That might pose some demographic challenges for a dating site.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Syt

Quote from: Savonarola on June 26, 2014, 01:01:34 PM
I've read that 2/3 of Mensa's members are male.  That might pose some demographic challenges for a dating site.

Probably a much more balanced ratio than most dating sites. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on June 26, 2014, 01:04:39 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on June 26, 2014, 01:01:34 PM

Probably a much more balanced ratio than most dating sites. :P

So, instead of clueless guys emailing pics of their dicks, we can look forward to clueless folks of both sexes emailing scans of their brains?  ;)

OOH CHECK OUT THESE LOBES BABY!

Razgovory

I took some IQ tests back when I was in the mental ward.  They were just a number.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on June 26, 2014, 01:07:55 PM
I took some IQ tests back when I was in the mental ward.  They were just a number.

The first sentence is probably not one you want to start a dating profile with.  :hmm: