News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mensa Starts Dating Site

Started by jimmy olsen, June 25, 2014, 10:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

So is this going to convince Age to finally get legit tested?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 26, 2014, 09:53:59 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 26, 2014, 09:51:48 AM

How will anyone know that you're smart a dork without such a certificate?

Fixed.
See guys Mensa does serve a useful purpose, just perhaps not the one intended.
You just don't understand what it's like to be a smart person.  It can be difficult.  :(

DGuller

I'd be curious to see what my IQ is.  Might be an interesting conversation point, if I score high.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on June 26, 2014, 10:19:01 AM
I'd be curious to see what my IQ is.  Might be an interesting conversation point, if I score high.

Interesting conversation point for whom? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Be more interesting for us if he scores really low.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on June 26, 2014, 10:19:01 AM

Even better to score low.  If you are looking to humblebrag, what could be better than saying 'isn't it funny about IQ tests and intelligence? I scored lower than average, and yet ... [list of accomplishments].'  :lol:[/list]
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

You know, it's funny... I know a few folks who are (or were) in MENSA and none of them have accomplished much in their lives. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

I met a chick in college who was  in Mensa.  Nott hott.

Maximus

Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2014, 10:27:38 AM
You know, it's funny... I know a few folks who are (or were) in MENSA and none of them have accomplished much in their lives. :hmm:
They're using a scalar to describe a multi-dimensional state. Not surprising that some information is lost.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 26, 2014, 05:18:37 AM
Why would you want a spouse who was as smart as you?  :hmm:

Exactly, much better to have a spouse who is smarter.  That way she can make sure important decisions are made correctly and make you think it was all your idea.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 26, 2014, 10:36:53 AM
and make you think it was all your idea.

I prefer doing that to other people. Manipulation is an unfairly maligned word.

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2014, 10:29:57 AM
I met a chick in college who was  in Mensa.  Nott hott.

I'm struggling to remember if you have ever defined any chick as "Hott".  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Malthus on June 26, 2014, 10:39:29 AM
I'm struggling to remember if you have ever defined any chick as "Hott".  :hmm:

A plethora.

derspiess

Actually, at times I've criticized Yi's standards as too low.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

My uncle is in Mensa & never has much to say about it.  But his wife likes to mock him over it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall