News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mensa Starts Dating Site

Started by jimmy olsen, June 25, 2014, 10:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Lol :lol:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/06/25/mensa_and_match_com_create_brainiac_dating_site.html

QuoteMensa Starts Dating Site Because Asking for IQ Scores on First Dates Wasn't Really Working
By Elliot Hannon
71431076BV121_The_Chap_Olym May I have this super-intellectual conversation?

Photo by Bruno Vincent/Getty Images

So, you're a member of Mensa and because you're a member of Mensa you probably have trouble finding people on your level to talk to. That makes dating hard. Talking to another person, of course, is an important part of the courtship process.

Finding mates with IQ scores in the 98th percentile is so hard these days. But, for Mensa members—with their memorized IQ scores—the dating pool just got a lot more selective. The egghead organization announced it's teaming up with Match.com to create Mensa Match. "American Mensa isn't just about encouraging adults to think," the promotional copy on the new venture reads, it's also apparently about encouraging them to make out.
Advertisement

"You're looking for someone in the same tribe as you," American Mensa Marketing Manager Victoria Liguez told ABC News. "You're asking, 'Do you value intelligence as much as I do?'" And do you have the test scores to prove it? Under the new tie-up Mensa members "are also invited to add branded badges to their 'normal' Match.com profiles to indicate their interest in superior intellects," according to ABC News. That should go over well.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

merithyn

Heh. My ex-husband met his new wife at Mensa meetings. I'm not sure he would now call marrying her a smart move. :P
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

jimmy olsen

I wish there were some legit IQ tests online, I've always wondered what mine was.  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

merithyn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 25, 2014, 10:53:49 PM
I wish there were some legit IQ tests online, I've always wondered what mine was.  :hmm:

I'd guess around 145-150. That seems to be the average for people on the internet. ;)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ideologue

Spitballing, I'd say mine's around 95.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Good. Keep the big heads (non complimentary meaning) to themselves.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Why would you want a spouse who was as smart as you?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on June 25, 2014, 11:15:42 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 25, 2014, 10:53:49 PM

I'd guess around 145-150. That seems to be the average for people on the internet. ;)

:D

Yeah the internet is amazing, seems to have raised IQ's by around 40-50 points across the board.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

I wouldn't be caught dead with Mensa membership.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Malthus

I'm still waiting for a dating site which categorizes me based on my LSAT score.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Legbiter

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 26, 2014, 05:18:37 AM
Why would you want a spouse who was as smart as you?  :hmm:

Women are my break from smartypants topics.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: The Brain on June 26, 2014, 07:14:40 AM
I wouldn't be caught dead with Mensa membership.

Aren't they the aspie chess nerds?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.