News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

"Bounty Hunters" arrested

Started by jimmy olsen, June 10, 2009, 05:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Wow, what morons!  :lol:

http://www.projo.com/news/content/MUTINY_ON_THE_BOUNTY_HUNTERS_06-10-09_8KELSI8_v12.3db5cd0.html
QuoteWoonsocket police arrest 2 "bounty hunters"

01:00 AM EDT on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

By Thomas J. Morgan

Journal Staff Writer

CERVANTES

WOONSOCKET — Call it a mutiny on the bounty hunters.

Woonsocket police said on Tuesday that two men who purchased "bounty hunter" credentials from an online source have been charged with assault and breaking and entering for forcing their way into an apartment and taking a Woonsocket woman into custody on May 7.

"We're still knocking our heads on this," commented Lt. Eugene Jalette of the Woonsocket police. "We've never seen this before."

The woman, Rebecca Ball, 18, of 90 Blackstone St., was wanted on a warrant for failure to appear in District Court on a charge of assault.

Jalette said the men handcuffed Ball and drove her to Cumberland police headquarters, where bail commissioner Richard Finnegan released her pending a court appearance.

Officers in Cumberland recommended that Ball go to the Woonsocket police to file a complaint, Jalette said.

She did just that the next day, Jalette said.

Detective Thomas Calouro of the Woonsocket police began looking into the matter. He reported that the "bounty hunters," Brandon Johnson, 36, and Ronald Cervantes, 39, both of 620 Elm St., decided to start a company to apprehend fugitives. He said they went to an online source called beabountyhunter.com and paid $235, for which they received bounty hunter badges and identification cards.

"They sure look official," Jalette said of the ID paraphernalia, "but they're not."

Once armed with their credentials, Johnson, Cervantes and three companions went to Ball's apartment and took Ball into custody.

Calouro obtained arrest warrants for Johnson and Cervantes. They turned themselves in on Tuesday. Johnson was released on bail. Cervantes was held as a probation violator from a Superior Court case about which details were lacking.

Jalette said no action was taken against the other three individuals because they played only a minor role and the police could not prove they had criminal intent.

Of the bounty hunter caper, Jalette said, "It's quite unique."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 10, 2009, 05:18:48 AM
Happens all the time.
You'd think you would have learned the first time. :P
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 10, 2009, 05:21:00 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 10, 2009, 05:18:48 AM
Happens all the time.
You'd think you would have learned the first time. :P

I was never a "bounty hunter".  It's a classification that doesn't exist in most states.

Brazen

No way is "Woonsocket" a real place name. Something a car repairer charges you £75 + VAT for, maybe.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Brazen on June 10, 2009, 05:36:39 AM
No way is "Woonsocket" a real place name. Something a car repairer charges you £75 + VAT for, maybe.

From wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woonsocket
QuoteBefore the arrival of European settlers in northern Rhode Island during the 17th century, today's Woonsocket region was inhabited by three Native American tribes — the Nipmucs (Cowesett), Wampanoags, and Narragansetts [6]. In 1661, the English theologian Roger Williams purchased the area from the "Coweset and Nipmucks," and in a letter referred to modern day Woonsocket as "Niswosakit."[7] Other possible derivations to the name include several Nipmuc geographic names from nearby Massachusetts. These include Woonksechocksett, from Worcester County meaning "fox country," and Wannashowatuckqut, also from Worcester County, meaning "at the fork of the river".[8] Another theory states Woonsocket derives from "thunder mist," in reference to the largest waterfall on the Blackstone River, which lies at the center of the city. However, another theory proposes the city was named after Woonsocket Hill in neighboring North Smithfield. The term "thunder mist" is used by several local businesses, including Thundermist Health Center.[9] . There is also a series of novellettes titled "Thundermist" (Thundermist 04167 and A Week Without Sunshine) by local author David Lafleche.

In the 19th century it became an important industrial center that attracted hordes of French-Canadian immigrants.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: Brazen on June 10, 2009, 05:36:39 AM
I used to always make fun of that place name when I lived in New England.  :lol:

Other places with stupid Indian names include: Agawam, Cos Cob, Cummaquid, Mahwah, Moosup.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Brazen

Syt

Bounty hunters. We don't need that scum.

:piett:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on June 10, 2009, 05:50:25 AM
Bounty hunters. We don't need that scum.

:piett:
Dyin' ain't much of a living.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on June 10, 2009, 05:46:46 AMOther places with stupid Indian names include: Agawam, Cos Cob, Cummaquid, Mahwah, Moosup.

Not to mention Milwaukee.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on June 10, 2009, 05:46:46 AM

Other places with stupid Indian names include: Agawam, Cos Cob, Cummaquid, Mahwah, Moosup.

West Coast representin'  :mad:

Puyallup, Mukilteo, Muckleshoot, Skookumchuck, Stilliguamish.

saskganesh

I've been to Skookumchuck. Similkameen too, but sadly, not Squamish :bowler:
humans were created in their own image

Savonarola

Quote from: Syt on June 10, 2009, 06:55:49 AM
Quote from: Caliga on June 10, 2009, 05:46:46 AMOther places with stupid Indian names include: Agawam, Cos Cob, Cummaquid, Mahwah, Moosup.

Not to mention Milwaukee.

Wisconsin has a plethora of names like that: Waukesha, Mukwonago, Wauwatosa, and Oshkosh are a few.  In the same area Illinois has Wuakegan, Indiana has Mishawaka and Michigan has Kalamazoo.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

Ohio has Hitler Pond. TOP THAT.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive