News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kings The TV Series.

Started by Grey Fox, March 15, 2009, 07:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Last few episodes they started airing since June are better now that they know the show is canceled.

http://www.hulu.com/kings

Sophie Scholl

I seriously love this show.  I think I'm cursed when it comes to TV shows I like. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Phillip V

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on July 04, 2009, 01:30:46 AM
I seriously love this show.  I think I'm cursed when it comes to TV shows I like. :(
Yep. No more jerking off to new episodes featuring the Princess.

Grey Fox

We all are.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

BuddhaRhubarb

Ya I love this show. "They" never gave it a chance.
:p

Phillip V

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 04, 2009, 11:57:37 AM
Bad marketing.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Phillip V on July 04, 2009, 12:06:02 PM
Bad marketing.

I never understand why networks will spend tons of money on a show, but not make any effort to market it.
:p

Phillip V

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 04, 2009, 12:07:29 PM
I never understand why networks will spend tons of money on a show, but not make any effort to market it.
People with fancy marketing degrees probably told them so.

MadImmortalMan

Lovejoy ain't dealing antiques anymore. The show seems good so far.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sophie Scholl

Spoilers ahead, more or less...

And so the true battle between Silas and David begins.  I wonder how David will escape to Gath and what will become of the other players.  In theory, shouldn't Reverend Samuels be dead by this point in the story?  Mayhap an unfortunate end coming for him via the brother-in-law and his coup plan for not backing him?  Who knows.  Also, anyone else notice the Ark of the Covenant in the train in Saturday night's episode when David grabbed the charter?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 04, 2009, 12:07:29 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on July 04, 2009, 12:06:02 PM
Bad marketing.

what I always found odd is that networks who produce a show don't take potential foreign customers, as well as the web-crowd into acocunt when making stuff. They really need to learn that the world is bigger than their tv or their country.
This goes especially for english-language productions as many of them can expect to find a global audience.

DisturbedPervert

I fully expect any TV show I like to be replaced with idol shows or Mansquito sequels as soon as it starts getting good.

grumbler

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 06, 2009, 05:04:19 AM
what I always found odd is that networks who produce a show don't take potential foreign customers, as well as the web-crowd into acocunt when making stuff. They really need to learn that the world is bigger than their tv or their country.
This goes especially for english-language productions as many of them can expect to find a global audience.
It takes a lot of foreign and DVD sales to pay for a TV series like Kings, which I am willing to bet cost $3-4 million an episode.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Phillip V

In marketing, they should have mentioned its Biblical origins so as to capture some Christian people. I had no idea it was based on King David until I watched it, and other Christian-focused people I know had passed up watching it because they were unaware of its premise.

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on July 06, 2009, 08:16:54 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 06, 2009, 05:04:19 AM
It takes a lot of foreign and DVD sales to pay for a TV series like Kings, which I am willing to bet cost $3-4 million an episode.
There's foreign advertising too. Take 2 or 3 countries worth and you have the equivalent of what they'll get in the US.

And yeah, I'm really surprised that they didn't play up the religious angle. I assumed they would have done. It just makes sense.
██████
██████
██████